jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (20 posts)

Based on your life's experiences, what gem of wisdom are you willing to share to

1. Doris Dancy profile image80
    Doris Dancyposted 3 years ago

Based on your life's experiences, what gem of wisdom are you willing to share to help others?

Each of us has some different experiences that teach meaningful lessons from which others can learn.   Maya Angelou taught me that "when people tell you who they are, believe them."  That is a great lesson of life to learn.  We all have gems of wisdom that can help others, and it's always good to think about them and share.

2. Lee Lee 513 profile image61
    Lee Lee 513posted 3 years ago

I've spent a lifetime (or 45 years) thinking, I was never as good as other people. I always thought I was too heavy, too short, had too small of an  intellect and never as good a Christian as I should be. I've sinned and regretted but the most important lesson was treat yourself better than the world. Too many people can't wait to knock you down but it's the getting up that is important, so treat yourself like God loves you!!!

Doris Dancyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Wow!!  What an awesome answer and so very true.  I'm glad you learned that lesson for yourself because God has made each of us beautiful.

3. pattyfloren profile image81
    pattyflorenposted 3 years ago

To help others I would say that alot of times when one has to worry about something or someone, searching for answers is this amazing belief that its all there.  It's amazing when one can see how things that are given are received.

I do believe also that God has placed on the earth all of the answers to whatever we need.  That is a comforting thought.

4. bethperry profile image92
    bethperryposted 3 years ago

"You're only reincarnated six or seven times in life, so you've got to reach for all the GUSTO you can!"
    ~ Willer beer commercial, "Kentucky Fried Movie"

I think you're right.  Your answer made me smile.

5. wqaindia profile image80
    wqaindiaposted 3 years ago

Having spent more than 35 years in Indian Banking System whenever I tried to find wrongs done by others I always concluded with that I was wrong and I could have done better. Admitting mistakes and weaknesses is the biggest strength of a human being as to err is human.

1. bethperry profile image92
      bethperryposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That is really a very nice sentiment!

2. Doris Dancy profile image80

It is always a good thing when we can see our own faults before we list the faults of others.  What a great lesson to share.

6. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

Don't get caught up in the moment. Let thoughts keep moving. Everything disappears in time. Let go of past experiences and learn to laugh more. There is no point in entertaining past problems that happened years ago, or even yesterday. Close the door to the past. Dwelling on past mistakes, faults, problems or the ugly history of the world creates miserable states of mind. This moment is freedom and joy. Everything passes. Why waste time looking back? Each moment is new.

If we all could learn your lesson, there would be far less anger in the world.  Some grudges are held so long that it's hard to even remember what caused the initial fight.  I agree with you.  Let it go!!!

7. pagesvoice profile image83
    pagesvoiceposted 3 years ago

When we are younger we have a tendency to let little things become huge obstacles in our lives. We are busy forming relationships, raising children, fretting over our career choices, buying a house, paying bills, keeping our yards and property in pristine condition and worrying about whether our house is cleaned to spotless perfection. However, as I have aged and watched many of my friends and family members pass on I realized that life doesn't have to be as cluttered and complicated as we make it. Accordingly, my little gem of wisdom is simply to not sweat the small stuff. For you see, when we are on our death bed it is all small stuff.

Pagevoice, I am with you.  As you listed the things that we pay attention throughout our younger days, I saw myself, but what is great is that I now see your gem of wisdom in my life.  I don't sweat the small stuff anymore.

8. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

I always go back to the KISS saying, (Keep It Simple Stupid). If it will make life more complicated I stay away from it. Life has enough natural issues without adding to those issues.

...Great advice.  When I was a teacher, I tried to always teach with that gem of wisdom in mind.  Students learn a lot when you keep it simple.

9. Alphadogg16 profile image92
    Alphadogg16posted 3 years ago

My advice would be very simple....If you keep doing what you have always done....you will keep getting what you have always got.

…so very true.

10. Penny G profile image71
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

I have found that God helps, rescues us on is own time. We as humans always want things now. After many days of waiting and  GOD coming through at the last moment, just in time though; finally clicked with me. GOD is never late but also doesn't hurry either. He is always right on time!

Your words hit the proverbial nail on the head.

working