How to handle digital eye strain?
It is hard to work especially if you are using computer/laptop with strained eyes. What are the things you can do if you are having this kind of concern?
There are several things to consider.
1. Reduce the brightness of your monitor. Especially if you are staring at white screens a lot, such as much of the internet. Whites can be quite bright. I have my brightness way down.
2. Indirect light. A bright light coming into the sides of your eyes, such as sunlight through a window can cause strain and may not be something you really notice. Blocking off that light can make a big difference.
3. Contrast. This I imagine varies a bit by person, but you can play around with the ambient light relative to the computer screen. My work area is darkish, but not too dark. For some people a lighter work area might work better.
4. Monitor. Some monitors aren't very good. Most people don't really have the old crappy ones around anymore, but it might be worth getting a newer model.
5. Glasses. They actually make glasses that are optimized for computer use. Don't know much about them.
6. Take breaks. It's good to stand up frequently anyway. It is also good to give your eyes a break, so stand up once and awhile and do jumping jacks or something.
Thank you so much junkseller for the response. I already adjust the brightness of my laptop and avoid so much light in the room. I am advice to alter my glass to a double coated lens that is ideal when working much of the time with computer/laptop.
by Rachel L5 years ago
Can you give me any specific eye-muscle exercises to help reduce my eye strain?My eyeglass prescription is not that severe, but they fatigue easilly and I endure eye strain and headaches all the time. Does anyone...
by Rajan Singh Jolly6 years ago
How does one lessen strain due to constant computer/ laptop use?
by Sushma Webber5 years ago
Do you suffer from back pain? If so, what do you do to get some relief from it?I have suffered from back pain since I over-strained it while working on computers five years ago. I have tried acupuncture and other things...
by A Ercoli5 years ago
What Can You Do to Ease Computer Eye Strain?
by healwell518 years ago
It is always suggested that computer affects eyes badly and make stressful by stretching moment to moment while surfing and typing and reading during your spending time on computer!So wear glass, or use...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.