jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How do you lower your blood pressure?

1. wiserworld profile image92
    wiserworldposted 3 years ago

How do you lower your blood pressure?

2. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

Through relaxation. Eat less salt. Watch your diet. Blood pressure fluctuates under certain conditions. If a person has high stress very often, the high blood pressure will become habitual. However, if a person practices relaxation or meditation, the habit will create a normal level of blood pressure because there is no stress or mental/emotional disturbances.

3. arksys profile image92
    arksysposted 3 years ago

if you want your BP to drop by 10 points instantly then take a really deep breath.  inhale slow and steady ... hold it ... and exhale slowly.

Do this 3 times and check your BP again.

I agree with Sri T... relax and less salt.

1. lisavollrath profile image97
      lisavollrathposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I do this at the doctor's office, before they take my blood pressure.

2. arksys profile image92
      arksysposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Please note - BP is a very serious illness ... please don't do it if you're trying to get out of treatment. only do it as a test or to effectively bring it down. Also try to incorporate daily walks in your life. All the best.

4. GarrettHnatiuk profile image60
    GarrettHnatiukposted 3 years ago

If you are a child or teenage a lower blood pressure is common and regarded normal. Even adults may have much variation in regular values. If you have no signs and symptoms such as dizziness upon position or when in the hot bath, not to worry. The cuff on the device may also not be the right dimension leading to an incorrect number.