This may be personal but- How many of you have had some kind (kinds) of cancer a

1. rlaha profile image71
    rlahaposted 3 years ago

This may be personal but- How many of you have had some kind (kinds) of cancer and has it recurred?

I'm just wondering because I had thyroid cancer 14 years ago and it's back. Or maybe I should say it was not detected for 14 years. This may be a personal question but I'm just curious as to how you reacted to it and how you are coping with the treatment.

2. lisavollrath profile image97
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

I had uterine cancer. I was diagnosed in February 2013, and had surgery in March. Fortunately, they caught it early, and I had a good oncologist. My post-op biopsies came back clean, so he thinks they got everything, and I didn't need any further treatment. I still sort of hold my breath every time I go in for tests, since the type of cancer I had could easily show up in my lungs or my kidneys, but so far, every test has come back clean.

I'm sorry your cancer is back. It's a huge weight to carry around, physically, emotionally, and financially. I hope your treatment is fast and effective. Cancer sucks!

1. rlaha profile image71
      rlahaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi lisacollrath.
        Thanks so much for sharing your story and I pray that you never have to worry about it again. Yes, it has been a trying couple of years for all of us (me and my family). Thank you so much and yes, cancer does indeed suck!

working