Should a woman who has had a viable pregnancy misdiagnosed as a miscarriage take

1. Cari Kay 11 profile image92
    Cari Kay 11posted 3 years ago

Should a woman who has had a viable pregnancy misdiagnosed as a miscarriage take legal action?

If yes, would it matter whether the pregnancy was ended (i.e. D&C, medication, etc...) or continued on.  For example, my doctor strongly advised a D&C at 7 and 8 weeks because no baby could be visualized.  I refused and at nine weeks found my baby.  In another example, women have been given a drug to end their pregnancy due to ectopic pregnancies and then found out the pregnancy was not ectopic.  What should a woman do?  I'm very interested in what people think because I have been asked this a lot.

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

A lawyer would be the best person to advice one on this topic.
    Generally speaking it is common for people to sue medical professionals in our society for being human and making mistakes. It's very possible the hospital/doctors would settle out of court.
    However it's doubtful it would bring any real emotional comfort to the would be parents. Nevertheless it may encourage medical professionals to be more diligent before presenting a diagnosis and also encourage patients to get a second opinion.

1. Cari Kay 11 profile image92
      Cari Kay 11posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.   I know.  I'm torn on the issue.  I wouldn't sue in my case but for somebody who has their pregnancy ended prematurely, might be a good option.

working