jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Is there any relation between Health and Wealth?

1. Ahdilarum profile image73
    Ahdilarumposted 3 years ago

Is there any relation between Health and Wealth?

Healthy person will always be wealthy?

2. Penny G profile image71
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

Well, look around the wealth of the stars, sure hasn't kept them healthy or alive for that matter. Elvis, Michael Jackson, to name a few.

1. lisavollrath profile image96
      lisavollrathposted 3 years agoin reply to this

But had they wanted to seek treatment for their addictions, they would have had plenty of options, while a person who is not wealthy might be put on a waiting list for months before getting treatment.

3. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

I think a wealthy person has access to better health care.

How many of us have put off going in to see the doctor or the dentist because it's so expensive? A wealthy person doesn't have that problem.

I actually had difficulties getting an appointment with an oncologist two years ago, because I didn't have any health insurance. I had two long phone calls with the practice's business office before I could get an appointment. A wealth person would not have had this problem.

When my very well insured father contracted lung cancer, and the bills started coming in, my mother could see how expensive the treatments were, and how much of it the insurance was taking care of through payment or negotiation. My mother asked a nurse what people without insurance did to get through cancer treatment. Her reply? "They die."