jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

What's More Important Health or Wealth?

1. Venus Rivera profile image77
    Venus Riveraposted 3 years ago

What's More Important Health or Wealth?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12053613_f260.jpg

2. Phil Plasma profile image78
    Phil Plasmaposted 3 years ago

I think this is a no-brainer.  Without health, you can't enjoy wealth.  If you have trouble breathing, if you have aches and pains, if you have a debilitating disease, what difference does it make how much money or assets you have?

Venus Riveraposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Exactly, health beats wealth any day of the week.

3. Tusitala Tom profile image63
    Tusitala Tomposted 3 years ago

I think the answer to this is obvious:  Health, of course!  If you are healthy you can work to become wealthy, if this is your wish.  If you are really unhealthy but you have plenty of money you might well be able to afford the best medicos.  But if they are able to cure you to the point where you are no longer deemed by them (and yourself more importantly) to be healthy, you are no longer unhealthy and therefore out of that category.

But the chances of becoming wealthy and, at the same time, leading an enjoyable life, are far greater than if you are wealthy and endeavouring to get well.   I'd rather be slaving for a wage in a factory than sitting in a wheelchair all day.

Of course, the best is to be both healthy, wealthy and WISE.   The last is very important.  If you are wise then the chances are you will remain both wealthy and healthy.   If you're not, "A fool and his money are soon parted," as they say.   And if you're not reasonably wise, then you'll let your health deteriorate.   So...without a reasonable modicum of wisdom, you could well end up both broke and unhealthy.

Health is something a lot of people take for grant that's why I wanted to share this question with you and others. Thanks a million for your input.

4. sachin001 profile image37
    sachin001posted 3 years ago

I will definitly go with health. There is no wealth when one does not have good health. So one would invest some time for improving health, and you will automatically work on improving wealth.

You're right about having good health is more valuable than wealth.

5. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 3 years ago

Health by far. You can have all of the money in the world, it still cannot buy you your health. Neither can it keep you from passing away. Money is temporary. Heaven is eternal.

6. Venus Rivera profile image77
    Venus Riveraposted 3 years ago

I completely agree with you. Thank you for addressing the matter and leaving your input. Very well said!

working