Are there studies on Dementia and depression in the elderly?

1. profile image59
    Miraculously Divaposted 3 years ago

Are there studies on Dementia and depression in the elderly?

2. erorantes profile image50
    erorantesposted 3 years ago

Yes, there are studies about dementia and depression.  You can search  at the college library  on psychology's books or ask the librarian which journals to read about the subjects.  Both subjects are well know by  psychiatrists in mental institutions. If your friends or love ones have some mental condition, and you are concern. You need to call their Doctor for referral.  Dementia is confution and anger to themselves because they are confuse. They have every reason to feel depress. It is all connect because one condition create the other condition. Good luck with your search.

3. liesl5858 profile image86
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

I am sure there is because this diseases triggers other conditions like stress for the person with dementia and depression and also stress for their family as well. It is not an easy task to look after people with dementia. You need bags of kindness and patience. I worked in a Home before where all the residents have dementia and I find it quite stressful. The thing with Dementia is they have not found a cure for it yet.