jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

How much sleep do you get in a night?

1. AllieRambles profile image60
    AllieRamblesposted 3 years ago

How much sleep do you get in a night?

We are told as adults that we need 8 hours of sleep to be healthy physically and mentally.  But statistically speaking most people don't even get 6 hours.  How much do you get?  If not much, why not?

2. C.V.Rajan profile image78
    C.V.Rajanposted 3 years ago

I am comfortable if I get about 6.75 to 7 hrs of sleep (I am nearing 60 yrs now). Up to about about 40 years of age, I felt I was comfortable if I got 8 hrs of sleep. I was mostly getting it. With aging, the need for sleep gets reduced.  Nowadays I am getting 6.5 hrs to  6.75 hrs of sleep for which my body is gradually getting adjusted to.

There are people who say 5 to 6 hours are good enough for my age. My body refuses to accept it!

AllieRamblesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I get about 7-8 hours, I am in my 40's.  I have heard as you age your body changes and wants/needs less.  Honestly, I don't look forward to those days, I really like my amount of sleep and worry less will affect my productivity as well as my mood.

3. peachpurple profile image84
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

i usually sleep at 2am and wakes up at 10am, 8 hours of sleep, if i sleep at 12am, i wake up at 12pm instead!

You get quite a bit!  That is great!

4. tiagodamiao profile image80
    tiagodamiaoposted 3 years ago

8 hours of sleep. And I can't fail! Orders of the doctor!

I'm with ya!  But more of the order of my brain, it just turns off after 6pm and by 10 I'm down until morning.

working