jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

How much sleep do you think or feel you need?

1. websclubs profile image53
    websclubsposted 7 years ago

How much sleep do you think or feel you need?

2. Kiddo Zerglin profile image74
    Kiddo Zerglinposted 7 years ago

I know I need about 8 hours of sleep. But sometimes my body feels feels like I could use 12 hours.

3. Fawntia profile image
    Fawntiaposted 7 years ago

If I get less than eight hours of sleep, I feel tired all day. I've never understood how some people can live with only four or five hours of sleep a night!

4. tdarby profile image60
    tdarbyposted 7 years ago

I think I need a lot more than I get.  I mostly sleep about 7 hours a night but sometimes wish I could sleep 10 or more.  My only problem is that when I get more, sometimes I feel worse.

5. kookoo88 profile image60
    kookoo88posted 7 years ago

I think too much sleep can leave a person more tired than otherwise.

It also helps to have a balanced lifestyle.  If one does physical work all day, it's exhausting, at the same time, if one does office work all day, it's just as exhausting.  it's important to mix physical activity with mental activity.  It helps reduce tiredness or even exhaustion.

Also, growing children tend to need more sleep.  People with injuries or illness need more sleep to recuperate.  As one grows older, the body needs more recovery time as well.

6. CASE1WORKER profile image72
    CASE1WORKERposted 7 years ago

at least eight hours but sometimes a little extra for a top up is needed

7. Gypsy48 profile image74
    Gypsy48posted 7 years ago

I sleep about 5 hours a night but I would love to be able to sleep at least 8 hours.

8. Jay Louidor profile image59
    Jay Louidorposted 7 years ago

I know we need 8 hours. But since I suffer from insomnia, I do great on 3 to 4 hours.

9. davecurtis profile image60
    davecurtisposted 7 years ago

your body generally needs about 8 hours of sleep but I usually get between 5 to 6 hours a night and I feel great

10. websclubs profile image53
    websclubsposted 7 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages.com Thanks for joining me.
    Do check out my hubs, Hopefully you will enjoy reading...
    see: http://hubpages.com/author/websclubs/hot/
    Signs and symptoms of sleep deprivation and lack of sleep
    Smoking or drinking in the evening. Substances like alcohol and nicotine can disrupt deep sleep.
    While sleep requirements vary slightly from person to person, most healthy adults need between 7.5 to 9 hours of sleep per night to function at their best. Children and teens need even more-
    good news is that you don’t have to choose between health and productivity. As you start getting the sleep you need, your energy and efficiency will go up. In fact, you’re likely to find that you actually get more done during the day

see: http://www.helpguide.org/life/sleeping.htm

schedule enough time for sleep.
    Aim for at least 8 hours of sleep every night.
    Keep a sleep diary. Record when you go to bed, when you get up, your total hours of sleep, and how you feel during the day. As you keep track of your sleep, you’ll discover your natural patterns and get to know your sleep needs.
    developing a relaxing bedtime routine,
    Go to bed at the same time every night and allow yourself to sleep until you wake up naturally. No alarm clocks! If you continue to keep the same bedtime and wake up naturally, you’ll eventually arrive at the sleep schedule that’s ideal for you.

Try the Sheep Dash test and see how well rested you really are.
    see: http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/sleep/sheep/