jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Why are you happy with your long term partner?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 3 years ago

Why are you happy with your long term partner?

2. Sara Jofre profile image77
    Sara Jofreposted 3 years ago

Several reasons, really.
    First is because you understand, accept and trust each other. You endure the bad moments and live the good ones. Above all you are friends.
    After that you just have to live that friendship and know you want it to keep on working and it just does... it's a natural process, I guess. If you have all the right elements, and many people do, you just have to make an effort not to lose them.

3. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 3 years ago

My Better Half accepts me despite knowing (my many flaws). She brings me constant joy by her great example. Kate is content with what she has; although, she could probably have more with someone else. She is not selfish and has made significant sacrifices for our family.
    She was there for me when I was brain-dead and kept our children safe and somewhat content. Kate was in my hospital room when I awakened from my natural comatose state. Her eyes were my first sight after the coma.
    Kate assists her parents when needed and is a spiritual rock for our family. In our first year of marriage she became deathly sick with "enterocolitis" and in my care for her we developed a significantly deeper love for each other that has insulated us from many little insignificant marriage challenges that may have not been considered so insignificant.
    After graduate school I had to complete a full year internship with only a paid stipend of 10 grand with medical benefits, her thriftiness and "hard" work enabled us to survive it until it was complete, I graduated and found full term employment.
    Kate readily gives so unselfishly and this creates an inertia for me to give selflessly to her (except when it involves my hockey-habit). Did I mention, Kate is a great chef!

1. peeples profile image94
      peeplesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

What a beautiful answer. How sweet.

4. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

I am happy because we are identical, yet opposites. He is my balance. He completes all the parts of me that are lacking. He manages to love me through an amount of baggage nearly impossible to climb over. My husband is everything I could ever won't. He knows how to make a point without making me feel bad. He knows how to make me laugh when the world feels like it is crashing on me. He is my best friend. I can dress up and go out with him, or I can have a 3 hour night time video game binge with him. I can be everything I want, with him. I can only hope that I can give as much as I get from this wonderful man!