Am I trying to start labor or what's going on? 37 wks 6 days EDD 2/5/15 3 wk ago

1. profile image51
    Mandii Maeposted 3 years ago

Am I trying to start labor or what's going on? 37 wks 6 days EDD 2/5/15 3 wk ago, lost glob of mucus

Wed-Fri. menstural cramps..Sat.tightenin w/ pain in lower stomach, pain & press. in vagina, anal area..called Labor Hall they told me to come in..Last appt Jan 6 was thin/50%..The machine pickup contractions bout 3 min apart not strong..Still 50% but 2 cm dilated..sent home sad been nauseaus/nesting but tired..more bowel movements..Sun. had more like diareah & another clump of mucus..Today had reg appt..diff Dr check me & said 1 cm & thick..Havin more pressure tightening @ top of stomach & down below w/ some pains through my pubic area & vagina

2. Meggan Dunn profile image61
    Meggan Dunnposted 3 years ago

It sounds like you might have lost your mucus plug which can be a sign that your labor is starting.  Make sure you to look out for other signs.  Water breaking, contractions etc..  If you are unsure please make sure you contact your doctor.  Do not wait till the last minute to go to the hospital.  You need to be expecting the unexpected.  Good luck!

3. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

You can lose the mucous plug a couple of weeks before you go into labor, or hours before, every woman's body is different.  In and of itself, it is not a sign of labor.  Lower stomach pain and pressure could be due to your baby "dropping".  this happens in the last few weeks as the baby moves into the birthing position.  If you are having true contractions you will know it when you feel them if this is your first baby.  It will be distinctly different than what you have felt until now.  If you doctor said you are only 1 cm dilated - you likely have awhile to go.  Those pains you're experiencing are very normal and part of the last stages of pregnancy, especially if it's your first one, you will feel discomfort and pains as the hips spread, the baby drops etc.

working