jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think you could stay healthy without doing workout?

1. healthyangels profile image59
    healthyangelsposted 3 years ago

Do you think you could stay healthy without doing workout?

Many do workout for more than an hour to lose weight and stay healthy. So is it possible to gain your dream body without workout?

2. peachpurple profile image84
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

i don't work out, just evening walk and eat well, no fats in meat and lots of vegetables

3. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 3 years ago

Of course it is possible; play a sport or sports, walk/run, exercise by completing manual labor (i.e. chop wood for a fire place...).

4. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 3 years ago

Absolutely NOT. You have many muscles in your body. Your heart is a muscle as well. Without exercise your muscles will atrophy. All sorts of health problems will follow and you will gain more fat more quickly than you did in the past. This is what many adults allow to happen and then excuse it by saying they're getting old. Certainly you don't want to weaken your heart and other muscles (and in turn weaken your health) by being lazy, right?
    Further, when it comes to health you cannot judge a book by it's cover. There are thin and skinny people who have very serious health issues because they never work out. This is in addition to those who are obviously unhealthy and those who appear to be average.
    Lastly, while light to moderate exercise is better than nothing you will not be improving your health unless you challenge your heart and other muscles regularly via strength training and cardio. It's fine to alternate between these on different days and these workouts can be done at home if needed. Also, you can break up workouts throughout the day to fit your schedule. NO EXCUSES! Your health is too important to be lazy about.

5. R K Beran profile image61
    R K Beranposted 3 years ago

I suppose it depends on how you define "stay healthy" and "dream body". If someone was only looking to lose some weight, that can be done through changes in diet alone. Taking exercise out of the mix definitely makes this harder, but it's still possible. In fact, the 14 pounds (or so) that I've lost since December were mostly a result of dietary changes, even though I do exercise.

If you're looking to gain muscle, though, you're going to need to exercise. Without exercise, muscles can atrophy. Most people could certainly get away with less than an hour of exercise a day, but again, it depends on what your goals are.