jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)

How often do you exercise to keep your body fit and healthy?

1. agapsikap profile image69
    agapsikapposted 4 years ago

How often do you exercise to keep your body fit and healthy?

I hardly have enough time to do some exercise because of my kids and duties at home. But I knew, a constant movement like scrubbing the floor, cleaning the whole house will do the tricks.

2. Alphadogg16 profile image92
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

I usually work out at least 5 times a week.....and that's on a bad week.

agapsikapposted 4 years agoin reply to this

What do you mean? To release the stress and some negative feelings? I do know that breathing exercise can really help release uneasiness.
      Well, a healthy body has a healthy mind.

3. limitbreakers profile image62
    limitbreakersposted 4 years ago

Daily 1 and half to 2 hours. And yeah! You doing the household stuff should be good enough to get your daily piece of exercise.

Wow, Its good to know you have lots of time to do that as a daily routine. And yes, household chores keep me moving.

4. steinbergr profile image74
    steinbergrposted 4 years ago

I live in a three story walk up. Going up and down those stairs to school and the grocery store are more than enough. Its about 4 flights of stairs 2x a day, its a work out!

Great exercise, steinberger. It will help you stay in shape.

5. Sonali Singh profile image60
    Sonali Singhposted 4 years ago

I exercise daily for half an hour to keep myself fit. Apart from this I do yoga for about 20 minutes everyday in the morning

I envy you for still having a time to do yoga. Its great.

6. Kevin Peter profile image74
    Kevin Peterposted 4 years ago

There is no need to set apart a fixed time for exercise. Doing the house hold works itself is a good exercise for our body.

I agree with you. Thank you Kevin for the very nice answer.

7. soconfident profile image84
    soconfidentposted 4 years ago

I exercise at least to 3 to 4 times a week to stay in shape. Cleaning the whole house can be a bit of a workout, but there are some workouts that can be done at home and are very effective such as lunges, squats, and pushups.

Yes, it is true. Glad you have time to exercise and conscious enough for your health. Staying in shape doesn't always means staying healthy. You have to be more cautious. I've met several people who starve themselves just to stay in shape.

8. Abby Campbell profile image94
    Abby Campbellposted 4 years ago

Though scrubbing the floor and cleaning the whole house is taxing on your energy stores, it is not enough for your cardiovascular system. Rarely will you increase your heart rate enough to be a true workout. You need a good cardio workout at least 30 minutes three times per week set at least 60-70% of your maximum heart rate without interruption. To kill two birds with on stone, a good weight training circuit for at least 30 minutes three times per work will not only strengthen your heart, but it will also strengthen your muscles and many other cells within the body. This is important for overall function and health.

Thank you, MaximumFatLoss for the very informative answer. What if one doesn't have enough time to workout even once a week?

2. Abby Campbell profile image94
      Abby Campbellposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I think if your health is important, you will make it a priority to workout. I understand moms have a lot on their plate, but including the family in "fun" exercise (i.e., games such as tag, hide-n-seek, etc.) can help. :-)

3. agapsikap profile image69

Thank you for giving us hint.

4. Abby Campbell profile image94
      Abby Campbellposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for selecting my answer as best. I appreciate you! :-)

9. Mahfoud Dehbine profile image59
    Mahfoud Dehbineposted 4 years ago

will find the answer here : http://la-fitness-hours.blogspot.com/

working