jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is your opinion on the Waist Training fad currently trending with Celebriti

1. baybpnk profile image82
    baybpnkposted 3 years ago

What is your opinion on the Waist Training fad currently trending with Celebrities?

Just wondering what your opinion is on the current Waist Training fad going on with celebrities. What kind of message do you think this sends to women and people around the world, if anything?

2. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 3 years ago

I am not sure I know what this is.  It looks a little unnatural in the picture.

3. Aime F profile image85
    Aime Fposted 3 years ago

That is hideously unattractive.

I actually didn't realize women still did this. I don't see how this is a long-term solution at all. Perhaps people should just eat healthy and exercise and make the most out of the body they have as opposed to trying to "train" it to be a different shape. I don't love my body type but it is what it is, and I'm pretty sure I look better than the woman in the picture whose boobs are quadruple the size of her waist.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Hourglass curves have been drawn in animated characters for years. Women have worn extremely tight corsets throughout history.
    Everyone has the right to strive for whatever look they want.
    Life is a (personal) journey.
    Celebrities should not have to avoid living life on their own terms because they fear other women might attempt to emulate them.
    Fads come and go.
    Trying to compete with celebrities or anyone is a waste of time. Everyone has to develop their own personal style that makes them comfortable. There will always be someone who has something you admire or wish you had. Real happiness however comes when you're happy with whatever you do have.

5. Blue Phillips profile image77
    Blue Phillipsposted 3 years ago

Hi, Nicole,

Thanks for the question.

Monkey Boy and I both agree that corsets, when used as an accessory--you know, like part of a Halloween costume or sexy negligee meant to inspire passion in the bedroom (which means said corset will be coming off sooner than later)--are A-OK. They can be difficult to remove, however, especially if the a corset you're wearing is authentic--steel boned with lots and lots of eyelets and miles of laces. Removal will require mental focus, as well as use up energy, i.e., if the corset was used to inspire passion in the bedroom, by the time the damn thing has been taken off the corset remover may be more interested in taking a nap.

As to the Waist Training fad that alleges corsets "teach the waist to lose weight"? It doesn't get dumber and more dangerous than this. I am not only a writer. I'm a certified fitness trainer who understands how the body functions and I can tell you without a bit of exaggeration that corsets cannot train the body to lose weight. All they can do is make the waist look smaller than it is--but there's a cost to achieve this visual effect. As numerous medical doctors have pointed out, there's a reason the fad is no longer a fad. Corsets went away for a reason. Back in the corset's heyday, arguably the Victorian era when the height of the fashion was to cinch the corset in so tight the wearer would have problems breathing and might even crack a rib, corsets worn by women for long periods of time caused physical deformations and even death.

The conclusion: Kim Kardashian is the poster child for Narcissus. And we all know what happened to him at the end, right? He saw his reflection in a pool of water and fell in love with it and drowned. If anyone follows Kardashian or any celebrity to the corset weight loss pool, their fate and waistline will be the same.

The only way you can achieve a dreamy waistline is to eat smarter, healthier and control your portion size. Exercise all the time, i.e., the axiom move or die is true, so get all your muscles moving as often as possible through walking, weight bearing exercise, dancing, hiking, riding a bike, jogging on the beach and you get the idea. Exercise as often as you can. Eat sweets and drink booze in moderation. Don't smoke cigarettes. Don't smoke weed. Don't do crack. Skip heroin and any kind of diet supplement for losing weight and enjoy life and live.

6. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

they look like barbie dolls, it feels fake body line, not natural