jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

How do you get rid of bedbug bites?

1. Richard Wei profile image62
    Richard Weiposted 3 years ago

How do you get rid of bedbug bites?

My doctors say that a bedbug bite is painless and no treatment is required for it. Recently I got several bedbug bites on my legs. They are so itching that I feel so terrible. How do you get rid of bedbug bites?  What kind of medical treatment should I take?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12291192_f260.jpg

2. Jlbowden profile image91
    Jlbowdenposted 3 years ago

I do not know a whole lot about Bed Bug bites. However I can give you some recommendations.  If your bites look like they're infected - (red and/or oozing with pus).  Then you should definitely go to a Dermatologist or skin doctor.  They will give you antibiotics if you have an infection.  Either Keflex or Augmentin for skin infections.  If it is a serious infection, they will most likely also give you a cortisone injection, like epinephrine for example.

But taking an OTC (over the counter) cortisone cream found in lower doses in your local pharmacy, will work for less serious bed bug bites and reduce the itching which sometimes can be very uncomfortable.  Low dose Benadryl of even a antihistamine such as Prescription 5mg Xyzal will work well also. 

Try using some aloe gel on your skin area where the bed bug bites are, if they are not open or infected, this will help soothe the area.  And also wash the area in and around the bites with a warm dilute soapy water.  I hope this info and advice helps you resolve your bed bug bite problem.  You may also want to invest in a few bed bug traps, to get rid of the source once and for all! 

Best

Jlbowden

1. Richard Wei profile image62
      Richard Weiposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Dear James, many thanks for your professional suggestions!

2. Jlbowden profile image91
      Jlbowdenposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Richard no problem at all.  Glad I could have been of some help.  Good luck.

JIM

working