jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How can you get over a fear of going to the Dentist?

1. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 2 years ago

How can you get over a fear of going to the Dentist?

2. quildon profile image79
    quildonposted 2 years ago

I don't think we can ever get over the fear of going to the dentist. It's like learning to drive or swim or speak in public. We may be fearful at first, but once we realize the benefits, we will be willing to do it again.

3. chefmancave profile image86
    chefmancaveposted 2 years ago

I am somewhat of an expert in this field. For 20 years I installed computers in Dental offices. I have visited over 400 Dental offices and met with thousands of Dental professionals. They all agree that "Fear of the Dentist" exists. Many Dental practices specialize in "Fearful Patients" and go to great lengths to make your visits less painful and less scary. Try looking for one of those offices. For me though, I believe the single most important factor in overcoming your fear is "getting to know your Dentist". Schedule a visit just to talk to your Dentist. If the office will not schedule a "pre-visit" then choose another Dentist. Knowing the people in a dental office will go a long way to easing your fear. When I make an appointment, the office usually books an entire hour because they know that Dr Joe is going to spend 20 minutes doing dentistry and 40 minutes talking about dogs, computers, cooking and whatever.

1. stricktlydating profile image82
      stricktlydatingposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the great tips!

4. erorantes profile image53
    erorantesposted 2 years ago

First you buy a dental plan . those plans that are at low cost. You can try carington plan 500 for about 95.00 Dollars a year. With the insurance plan most dentist will open the entrance in their clinic. You start with the consultation at your first visit. Xray is important to start your treatment. Then, the Dentist with the dental hygienist will find what you need to have done. The cost some times is over the insurance plan. They have creditors to help you pay the dental work. You go to two different dentist to have a second opinion. You will see the true while the second Dentist tell you what you need.

working