jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

I love drinking coke so much please any helps or tips to avoid all that because

1. monia saad profile image77
    monia saadposted 2 years ago

I love drinking coke so much please any helps or tips to avoid all that because it's effect health ?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12455933_f260.jpg

2. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

Your probably suffering from a sugar addiction like so many of us. Companies know that certain ingredients will hook consumers onto their product and soda is loaded with sugar.
    Try breaking the habit by drinking fruit juice and slowly water it down to wean yourself.Good luck...;-)

monia saadposted 2 years agoin reply to this

thank you for your help and advice

3. poetryman6969 profile image64
    poetryman6969posted 2 years ago

I just read articles that say the stuff is poison and is actually killing you.  That usually does it for me.    Also carry a water bottle around with you.  Not because you constantly need the water but because when othesr quaff the "delicious" poison, you fill your mouth with water as a distraction.   If you like bubbles in your water then there are carbonated, sugarless waters.

thank you for advice

4. Cerulean Crayon profile image69
    Cerulean Crayonposted 2 years ago

Unsweet tea. It has flavor, and it may not be easy to switch from Coke to water. Besides the flavor, there are benefits to drinking some tea and some water!

thank you for your help

5. M. T. Dremer profile image97
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

Start small. There are a couple of ways that you can test the waters for reducing your intake. One option is to go a week without it. It gives you a set goal to achieve with the promise that it won't be permanent. If you succeed, you can try to go for a longer stretch of time. What these gaps of time are meant to do is show you how much better it is without it.

Another option would be to simply reduce your intake. If you buy the large bottles, trying buying the ones that are half that size. If you drink coke at home, force yourself to order water when at a restaurant. Set aside a certain part of the day to drink it, and exclude all other times. It's definitely possible to ween yourself off. Just take it one step at a time.

6. feenix profile image59
    feenixposted 2 years ago

When I was in high school, I and other students checked into our science class on the first day of the new semester.

One of the first things the teacher of the class did was warn us against drinking Coca-Cola. Then, he opened a bottle of Coke, dropped a shiny new nail into the liquid, snapped the cap back on the bottle and placed it atop a cabinet.

Well, that full bottle of soda with the nail in it remained on the cabinet for the entire semester -- and on the last day of school before summer vacation, the teacher removed the bottle from off the cabinet, opened it and poured all of the liquid into a sink.

Then, the once shiny new nail came out and the teacher held it up for all of us to see it.

We were shocked. The nail looked like some ancient relic that had been dug up from an archaeological site. It was a rusty dark brown-black color and all gnarled up. It looked like it had been around for thousands of years.

7. Jewels profile image84
    Jewelsposted 2 years ago

Think highly enough of yourself to want to stop drinking it.  You know it's bad for your health, you know it is loaded with sugar or caffeine and designed to make you addicted.  So be proud enough of yourself to say "ENOUGH,  I'm worth more than this."

Replace the coke with natural fruit smoothies, or similar.  Don't go onto fruit juice as they are also full of sugar.  Fruit will give you enough natural sugar and energy to counter the withdrawals.

Be tough and don't let the processed food companies control you any longer.  You will succeed,   Congratulations in advance.

thank you for your encouragement

8. prettynutjob30 profile image90
    prettynutjob30posted 2 years ago

That stuff can eat a piece of steak straight to the bone, reading that was all it took for me to kick the habit. Soda is also really bad on your teeth, it eats straight through the enamel over time. Try replacing your soda with flavored water. Fruit juice is okay too, as long as it's 100%, most fruit juices have more sugar than soda.

9. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

I used to drink two liters or more of Coke per day. When I turned 40, I decided it was time to do away with my bad dietary habits, so I gave up Coke cold turkey. I had my last one on a Friday afternoon, and when I got home from work, poured all the remaining Coke down the drain. On Saturday, I felt a little sick. By Saturday night, I was queasy, shaking, and sweating, and had a terrible headache. That went on for most of Sunday. On Monday, I woke up clear-headed, and feeling great. I haven't had anything but water or unsweet tea since then.

That stuff will kill you. Anything that causes withdrawal symptoms when you stop consuming it doesn't belong in your diet.

10. brakel2 profile image83
    brakel2posted 2 years ago

Try to start by weaning little by little, substituting a little tea and mostly water.Put fruit in water to make it taste better. The caffeine in coke can mess up your calcium and your kidneys. Diet coke is a no no due to bad chemicals that really affect your health. My daughter had help from a wellness program at work and talked to a person weekly for her issue. If you have a friend who is willing to help and encourage you, the buddy system works. If you have several people trying to give up drinks, they become a support group for you. Once you have conquered your problem, do not even take one drink, as it can become addictive. If you have a faith, try prayer. Good luck and blessings.

working