Do you believe that success begets success and that being successful makes it FA

1. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

Do you believe that success begets success and that being successful makes it FAR easier to

ascend to EVEN HIGHER heights and levels of success?  Do you further contend that you have learned MORE from success than FAILURE?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12126841_f260.jpg

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

No, quite the opposite is what I've seen in my son.  He's always been successful at everything he picked up, to the point where he didn't understand that failure is a part of life.  When he did lose out on a competition for a slot in an elite school it was a devastating blow immediately, because he never understood that life isn't easy and success isn't just handed to you.

After he recovered from that, he is more determined now because he doesn't want to experience that kind of disappointment again.  That one failure taught him more than all of his previous successes combined.  He got motivated after that and actually started pushing and trying harder at things. 

No one can avoid all failure in life - to do so is to accept mediocrity and to avoid success as well. 

I can agree that when we are successful at something it boosts the ego for awhile and rekindles the desire to do that again - but lasting, soul level learning about successes in life often comes from a place of near defeat, where you find your grit and determination to keep pushing.  Some give up, but others find their will or get "mad" enough to push harder.

working