jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Is it ok to admit you need help when suffering from depression?

1. Bad luck girl profile image59
    Bad luck girlposted 2 years ago

Is it ok to admit you need help when suffering from depression?

2. RobertNix profile image42
    RobertNixposted 2 years ago

I would say it's absolutely ok to admit that.

1. profile image56
      Jaime Santosposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you Robert Nix

3. Hassan Zaheer profile image61
    Hassan Zaheerposted 2 years ago

Yup its absolutely right, because when you are depressed you need some one, so that u can explain your feelings... When you share u your problem you feel relax after that..

4. ronbergeron profile image84
    ronbergeronposted 2 years ago

Not only is it OK, but it's essential to admit it. Otherwise, there's little chance of getting help. Talking to someone is the first step to improving the situation.

5. profile image79
    Hxprofposted 2 years ago

Sure it's okay.  It's up to the depressed person to decide if they want to ask  for help or not.

6. ladyguitarpicker profile image76
    ladyguitarpickerposted 2 years ago

It is more than OK it is the first step with any problem. If you want to ask for help go for it, you are stopping your own recovery by not taking the first step.

7. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

yes, you should. It is not a shameful matter and nobody would look down at you. However, chinese people are scary cats to admit the illness. They want pride and face

8. liesl5858 profile image88
    liesl5858posted 2 years ago

Anyone who suffers from depression needs help so it is 100% ok to seek help when you are depressed. I have been there before and I know what it's like to be depressed. You just want to squirrel yourself to your own world but the only way to overcome this bad situation is to ask for help. If you don't ask you won't get helped. So please do and also ask the person you can trust to help you.

working