jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do/did you know when it is/was time to leave home?

1. Ricki-Lee Keeley profile image83
    Ricki-Lee Keeleyposted 2 years ago

How do/did you know when it is/was time to leave home?

2. William Avitt profile image78
    William Avittposted 2 years ago

When I joined the Army.  They didn't give me much choice in the matter lol

3. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

When I was asked to. Mainly it was because of the hours I began to keep. I was young enough my parents were still protective having concerns for my welfare and old enough those were my decisions. And there were considerations with siblings such as why can I do this or that and not they themselves.

4. Keino C profile image74
    Keino Cposted 2 years ago

For me it was totally by accident. I lived with my 3 younger sisters so there wasn't much incentive to stay and endure the drama (I love them though... sometimes..). I started by staying over at my girlfriend's at the time with increasing frequencies. Before I knew it, all of my personal belongings were at her place (our place) at year 3. By year 4 we thought it was a great idea to buy our first home instead of renewing that lease, so we did. We then got married at year 5, 2015.

I maybe be due to being financial stable to the desire to start my own family or getting away from 3 annoying younger. Nevertheless, that how I knew it was time for me to leave the nest.

5. unvrso profile image91
    unvrsoposted 2 years ago

When I started to feel my family´s opression over my shoulders.

My parents did what they could to educate me till I was 12 years old. After that, I felt it was a better idea to leave home and conceptualize my self about life.

This was the best idea that occurred to me at a young age. As a matter of fact, when young people ask me if it is a good idea to leave home, I always answer, ¨it´s not only a good idea, but it´s healthy, as well.¨