Do you believe that children from upper middle to upper socioeconomic background

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

Do you believe that children from upper middle to upper socioeconomic backgrounds ARE THE ONLY ONES

who will be successful, even HIGHLY successful nowadays even if they are of average intelligence?Do you further believe that children from the solidly middle class like children from the lower socioeconomic classes-lower/working/lower middle classes really DON'T have a chance to succeed in this postmodern American society with the widening socioeconomic chasm? It really doesn't matter how gifted & industrious a child is. If h/she is from a lower socioeconomic background, h/she WON'T succeed whereas a child from a upper middle/upper class background WILL succeed even if h/she is average......

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8219189_f260.jpg

2. Ken Burgess profile image89
    Ken Burgessposted 2 years ago

I think a large percentage of middle and upper class children become victims of their ability to access drugs (or the money to get drugs) and they are ruined by them, show me a middle class family and I'll show you a family with one or more of its members ruined by drugs or booze.

I think you can come from the lowest class possible, and have everything stacked against you, and achieve greatness that is unheard of for someone coming from that background.  Judge Thomas is one example, Colin Powell is another, sometimes it is the tough road, the need to fight for what you get, that makes the person strong and successful.

Many people who have everything handed to them, accomplish nothing with their lives... and some people who are given nothing but roadblocks become the greatest people in history.

Income, nor Race, nor the country you live in guarantee a child much of anything.  That's the reality.  People look for excuses as to why they fail, but almost always, the reason why they fail is largely because of themselves and their own actions and decisions.

working