jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Do you avoid going to gyms because of some of the lunks and fashionistas that ha

1. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 23 months ago

Do you avoid going to gyms because of some of the lunks and fashionistas that hang out there?

Some people are fashion and body conscious when working out. There are some people that make you feel uncomfortable or inadequate at most gyms.I was laughed at by a few younger women at the last gym.

2. Michaela Osiecki profile image78
    Michaela Osieckiposted 23 months ago

Gyms seem to be a meeting place for "pretty" people these days and more a place to show off than actually get in shape or become healthy. The attitudes of most gym attendees and personal trainers is not conducive for people who are actually there for the right reasons...

1. Stacie L profile image87
      Stacie Lposted 23 months agoin reply to this

The gym is intimidating for a lot of people. The lunks are bullies for sure.

3. syfsupps profile image60
    syfsuppsposted 21 months ago

NO! They're not the reason why I'm going there anyways.

4. Alyssa Nichol profile image95
    Alyssa Nicholposted 18 months ago

I enjoy working out at home. I think the gym is sometimes an unnecessary expense. You only need a few items to get started. I have a collection of fitness DVDs, but you can borrow titles from the library for free. YouTube is an excellent resource for free workouts. I love Tracy Campoli and Tone It Up. (Tone It Up has their own website with more workouts for reference and most of their stuff is free.) I have a set of 5lb and 2.5lb weights, a yoga mat, some resistance bands, a step, and an air climber. I accumulated all of that over the course of five years. I set fitness goals and meet them without ever stepping foot in a gym. It saves me money and time commuting. Plus, I can work out with my son.
    This is actually a really great topic. I think I will write a hubpost about it. Thank you for the idea!
    P.S. Don't let the young women get you down. Keep working hard!

working