jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you belong to a gym?

1. MomsTreasureChest profile image90
    MomsTreasureChestposted 5 years ago

Do you belong to a gym?

2. azahorik profile image91
    azahorikposted 5 years ago

I don't belong to a gym, because money is tight and with a bench, a good set of dumbbells, and a stationary bike for cycling or a pair of sneakers for running, I can still get in a full workout.  The only major downside is that I don't have access to the variety of equipment I can find in a gym, so although I can still do cardio and train every major muscle group with dumbbells, there are some exercises I can't do, like barbell squats or bench presses.

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Nope. I don't like going to a gym and prefer working out in the comfortable space of my own home. Jump ropes, weights, bike rides, and food journals.

4. twinstimes2 profile image81
    twinstimes2posted 5 years ago

Absolutely! I love the gym and try to go there at least 3 to 4 times a week. I use the child care room if my children are not in school. With five young children, this is my 'me' time.

5. visionandfocus profile image72
    visionandfocusposted 5 years ago

We live in a condo with our own gym downstairs and for several years, my husband and I used it diligently as we were training for 5K and 10K races and needed to run on the treadmill. This year though, we started thinking how we'd been doing so much cardio and not enough weight training that our upper body strength was going way down, so we got a home workout program (P90X) instead.

It's been so much fun! No more getting dressed to go down to the gym, no more waiting for other people to get off the treadmills. We exercise whenever we feel like it and it's been a real blast!

6. mikejhca profile image92
    mikejhcaposted 5 years ago

I don't belong to a gym.  When I exercise I do it at home or outside.  Most of the time I exercise while watching TV but I like getting outside to go biking and hiking.  There are lots of body weight exercises I can do that don't require equipment and I have some equipment so I can do other exercises.  I can do pull ups on a tree branch and use a set of stairs to do decline push ups.  Looking at a wall I can shadow box.  Using the internet I can learn new ways of exercising.

If I joined a gym it would be mainly to be around the women that worked out there.  I have some basic exercise equipment, a Wii with sports games and my body.  So I don't need to go to the gym to improve my body.

7. profile image60
    truparad0xposted 5 years ago

I've had an inexpensive gym membership for years, but the last time I went was over two years ago.  After decades of working out, I have amassed a good set of free weights and workout programs.  A few years ago, the running bug bit me.

Nowadays, I run or bike for cardio and perform body weight exercises for resistance training (pullup bar for back exercises).  My goal now is to have functional strength and fitness.

8. FreeFly07 profile image60
    FreeFly07posted 5 years ago

Of course I do! I'm going to the same gym for more than 3 years now!