jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What habits have contributed to your success?

1. kbdressman profile image95
    kbdressmanposted 22 months ago

What habits have contributed to your success?

What habits and practices have you included in your daily, weekly, monthly or yearly routine that have led to your success?  How has that habit led to your success?

2. lions44 profile image99
    lions44posted 22 months ago

Negative Thinking -  I think this is genetic in my case. Started doing this very early on in my career.  Did not have a name for it until much later.  I was constantly asking what could go wrong every time I plan for the week or even my yearly schedule?  I know the popular thing is to be positive 24/7, but I take the coach's mentality. I assume that a plan will fall apart faster than it could stay together.  This way I'm never disappointed and always ready with a Plan B or C.    smile

1. Sandi Kroeger profile image79
      Sandi Kroegerposted 21 months agoin reply to this

CJ, I don't believe this is negative thinking. Instead I think you are trying to be organized and prepared in anticipation of what "might" go wrong. People with experience PLAN (as best they can) for various outcomes...and then have a backup plan!

2. lions44 profile image99
      lions44posted 21 months agoin reply to this

You are correct, Sandi. But I guess the term is now in vogue throughout the corporate and public sector training circuit. So I went with the popular term. Since I was not a Scout, I did not want to coopt their "Be Prepared."  smile

3. threekeys profile image81
    threekeysposted 22 months ago

I can't say I feel successful. Everything has turned out so opposite to what I thought or hoped for. Nice question to ask though.

4. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 22 months ago

Prayer, love, service and experience. Offering Gratitude to God and recognising that I have been chosen, in a spiritual sense, to be of service to my brothers and sisters: Mankind.