jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What does the Bible say about mourning of stillbirth and neonatal death?

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 21 months ago

What does the Bible say about mourning of stillbirth and neonatal death?

2. rlaha profile image71
    rlahaposted 21 months ago

I'm not Christian, but I experienced a stillbirth recently in April. It should not matter what the Bible says. We all mourn differently as it is still a death in the family. As an example of this, my husband and I are grieving in different ways. He has plunged himself into his research and does not talk about it. As for me, I am someone who took it more personally as I carried our son until 20 weeks and 3 days. I bonded with him more and felt much closer to him than my husband did. I am also someone who needs to talk about it with others to feel better. It is an emotional pain that will never go away, but hopefully will get better as time moves on.

3. GarnetBird profile image78
    GarnetBirdposted 21 months ago

In general we are told not to mourn as those who have no hope. In proverbs it states we are not to be light hearted around those who grief, implying to many that any loss should be grieved and comforted.  I think God wants compassion in these situations. Many Christians believe miscarried or early death children go to Paradise and wait for their loved ones there. I hope this helps .

4. tamarawilhite profile image90
    tamarawilhiteposted 21 months ago

The loss of an unborn child was not the same as murder, but it did have value.
    If a child is born dead, it was seen as a tragedy but not thoroughly addressed

working