jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

What is THIS OBSESSION w/religion in the postmodern, computerized 21st century?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 17 months ago

What is THIS OBSESSION w/religion in the postmodern, computerized 21st century?

Why are so many people fanatically obsessive when it comes to religion, injecting it into everything?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8387810_f260.jpg

2. aasl profile image78
    aaslposted 17 months ago

I personally think it's because people know that there's more going on to the universe than what meets the eye. Nothing begets nothing, so why is there something at all? So if it's reasonable that the universe was created intentionally, it also stands to reason there is some kind of after life because there's an origin. So with this in mind, the architect of all of this, would care about what the architect created. So people can't help but insert their beliefs into everything because that's the prism of how they see life.

Because you may believe in nothing, there's nothing for you to provide except try to explain why atheism is the way it is. But you can't help it, like with this post. It's how you see life, you may not believe in God or anything, so your behavior will reflect that.

1. savvydating profile image96
      savvydatingposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Not to mention, Grace...you ask more questions about religion, Satan, & Hell than almost anyone else on Hubpages. So maybe the question should be: Why do atheists inject religion into everything?

2. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Such questions are psychological, if not metaphorical in nature.  No, I am not an atheist but believe in God but am not religiously affiliated.  I identify myself as a New Ager.

3. savvydating profile image96
      savvydatingposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Good to know. Sometimes the two are closely related, but there are differences. At any rate, I respect that you do not automatically delete comments that challenge yours. It shows that you have inner strength, and I appreciate that...

4. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Each person has an unmitigated right to his/her beliefs.  We all are different, let's rejoice in that......

working