jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How to improve my chances of pregnancy when my period is irregular?

1. Regina Gulo-Pacho profile image59
    Regina Gulo-Pachoposted 15 months ago

How to improve my chances of pregnancy when my period is irregular?

2. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 15 months ago

You should see your gynecologist to determine why your cycle is irregular, and what you can do to improve your chances at conception.

You may be able to track your cycle using basal temperature and cervical mucus, which your doctor can explain to you.

1. Regina Gulo-Pacho profile image59
      Regina Gulo-Pachoposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Thank you dear for the wonderful advice. Perhaps I should really consider seeing an OB now.

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 15 months ago

Use ovulation tests to see when in your period (if you are) ovulating.
    If your period is very irregular, I agree with Vollrath that you should see an OBGYN.

4. kbdressman profile image94
    kbdressmanposted 15 months ago

Your menstrual cycle is controlled hormonally.  Many of those same hormones are also responsible for maintaining pregnancy in early pregnancy and play a role in ovulation, fertilization and implantation.  So, if your cycle is irregular and you're looking to get pregnant you really should go see your OBGYN.  Even if you do get pregnant, if there's an uncorrected hormone problem you're at higher risk for losing the baby.  That's not to say there's no hope or to be a downer.  Many of these issues can be treated, but only if they're addressed. Best of luck!

working