jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

I'm just starting the one meal a day diet. Should I count calories? Carbs? I'm

1. Adriana Gibson profile image61
    Adriana Gibsonposted 16 months ago

I'm just starting the one meal a day diet.  Should I count calories? Carbs? I'm 5.4 and weigh 165.

2. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 16 months ago

Yes, try to stay under 2000.  It gets easier after awhile, and it will make a difference.

Adriana Gibsonposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Thanks Lolita! Eating once a day fits perfectly for my life style.

3. savvydating profile image96
    savvydatingposted 16 months ago

Well, here goes....no one ever believes me, but counting carbs and calories only works for the very, very short term. A better option is to limit your intake of fat grams and increase your fiber. That way you can have carbs and more calories. Why is that a good thing? Because people crave carbs, and not eating much gets old fast. With a low fat lifestyle, you don't feel deprived---and you can still go a little crazy on the fat one day out of the week. After awhile, you don't crave fatty foods as much as you used to. Doctors know this, but people are still swayed by the low carb or low calorie fads. A long time ago, I read a book entitled "Fit or Fat." Look it up. It works and you will lose weight without feeling like you want to tear your hair out.wink

Adriana Gibsonposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Thanks Savvydating!.. I'll look for Fit or Fat. Today is my third day, eating one time a day, 4pm, and not even hungry. This is going to work for me! why didn't I think of this years ago? smile

2. savvydating profile image96
      savvydatingposted 16 months agoin reply to this

If you end up going the low calorie route (instead of low fat), you probably need to be at 1200 calories in order to lose weight. Then you can increase to 2000 or 2500 to maintain. Glad things are working out for you.

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image96
    DzyMsLizzyposted 16 months ago

There is a saying:  "Don't count calories; make your calories count!"  In other words, eat a reasonable, balanced diet of healthy foods, and you really can't go wrong.  Just remember the other old adage:  "All things in moderation."
    Best wishes!

working