How can a person tell if they are becoming an alcoholic?
What are the typical signs of alcoholism recognized by most people. After all, acceptable levels of alcohol consumption differ person-to-person, between regions, countries and societies.
* You can't get through the day without a drink, regardless of your excuse for it. That you MUST have it to relax, unwind, socialize, sleep.
* That you cannot handle certain events without drinks like dates, social gatherings.
* You hide and lie about drinking. (Others would know it was too much if they knew too much, and you know it too, so you lie.)
* Withdrawal symptoms if you don't have a drink - this is a medical indicator. Shaking, anxiety, a sick stomach if you don't have alcohol in your system
* You black out from drinking, ever
* Neglecting responsibilities from missing work to failing to supervise children
* You drink when it is dangerous but the pleasure matters more, whether drinking and driving or boating
* You would rather your spouse leave you over drinking than stop drinking
* You have a health condition made worse by alcohol but choose to drink, knowing it will make your health worse
by KikiCobain 5 years ago
Would you regard someone as an alcoholic if they consumed atleast 2 beers, most, if not every day?
by Debra Allen 9 years ago
I was going to make a hib of this but there would be too much posted from my other site that is going down.On my site I posted this and got lots of responses form non alcoholics and Revoverying and recoverd alcoholics. There is a correlation between cults and AA--so someone said in mt site,...
by shamani67 5 years ago
How do you really know when you are an alcoholic?I believe a lot of people are in denial. In Australia it seems to be a favourite past time and the done thing to drink alcohol. How can you tell when you are in the danger zone of becoming dependent?
by britt1215 5 years ago
can i be an alcoholic because of my parents?
by nikki1 8 years ago
by Nicola Tweedie 5 years ago
How can you reduce the amount that you drink, if you drink every day?
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|