How can a person tell if they are becoming an alcoholic?
What are the typical signs of alcoholism recognized by most people. After all, acceptable levels of alcohol consumption differ person-to-person, between regions, countries and societies.
* You can't get through the day without a drink, regardless of your excuse for it. That you MUST have it to relax, unwind, socialize, sleep.
* That you cannot handle certain events without drinks like dates, social gatherings.
* You hide and lie about drinking. (Others would know it was too much if they knew too much, and you know it too, so you lie.)
* Withdrawal symptoms if you don't have a drink - this is a medical indicator. Shaking, anxiety, a sick stomach if you don't have alcohol in your system
* You black out from drinking, ever
* Neglecting responsibilities from missing work to failing to supervise children
* You drink when it is dangerous but the pleasure matters more, whether drinking and driving or boating
* You would rather your spouse leave you over drinking than stop drinking
* You have a health condition made worse by alcohol but choose to drink, knowing it will make your health worse
by KikiCobain5 years ago
Would you regard someone as an alcoholic if they consumed atleast 2 beers, most, if not every day?
by shamani675 years ago
How do you really know when you are an alcoholic?I believe a lot of people are in denial. In Australia it seems to be a favourite past time and the done thing to drink alcohol. How can you tell when you are in the...
by Debra Allen8 years ago
I was going to make a hib of this but there would be too much posted from my other site that is going down.On my site I posted this and got lots of responses form non alcoholics and Revoverying and recoverd...
by Peeples4 years ago
What are the downsides to being a functional alcoholic?I'm doing a pros and cons list to determine the downsides to being a functional (as in only drinking at night, not while working, but dependent every night on...
by britt12155 years ago
can i be an alcoholic because of my parents?
by davidkaluge6 years ago
We have heard about the miracle where Jesus turned water to wine. People seem not to understand the type of wine that was made. Some said it was alcohol while some claim it was non-alcohol like fruit wine. I think a...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.