My l5 s1 protrusion

1. profile image58
    Jwoo56posted 13 months ago

My l5  s1 protrusion

I'm a soon to be a 61 year old male have drove a  18 wheeler for 35 years now have had back problems off and on but the last year or so has be worse went 4 months ago for severe hip and pelvic pain  back of legs have sharp pain numbness of toes and ankles very weak I have just been laid off from my job.  thinking of signing up on my disability. Dr says this is only going to get worse at my age is this true?

2. lifelovemystery profile image93
    lifelovemysteryposted 12 months ago

I was treated with pharmaceuticals for a decade because of multiple bulging disks. Doctors never once suggested a non-medical solution. I discovered acupuncture in 2008, and since then have been completely off all medications, and I am virtually pain free.  When my back flares up, I'll have acupuncture and that only happens a few times per year.

Doctor's aren't always right, so I suggest alternative therapy such as acupuncture.

Best wishes for good health!

1. profile image58
      Jwoo56posted 12 months agoin reply to this

Well I've drove 18 wheeler just about all my life that and worked unground coal min for 5 years I can't stand the sitting or standing for 30 min or longer