jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Depression, stress and anxiety

1. Lam-Bard profile image58
    Lam-Bardposted 6 years ago

What are your thoughts on this topic?

1. couturepopcafe profile image62
      couturepopcafeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am a firm believer that proper nutrition can overcome all three but you do need mind over matter as suggested below.  First believe you will find the right path, look for it, give your body what it needs to think clearly and with proper perspective.  Plenty of brain food.

Lam-Bardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree that good nutrition is great for your health, I always feel great in my mind when I eat healthy, horrible when I dont.   So I try to eat healthy most of the time smile   Thankyou for your comments

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Depression, stress and anxiety? What are my thoughts. Mind over matter. You don't mind, it don't matter.

Depression- Yes, I've suffered from it in the past. Was able to overpower it with my will power and understanding- Depression is mainly one's own view. One's inability to change one's own view will lead to one being depressed.(aside from any chemical imbalances, which in theory could correct itself, since the human body has the ability within itself to heal)

Stress- Yes, I've suffered from it also in the past. Again, sheer will power to overcome and understanding- Stress is related to own actions, knowledge and experienced gained, and how it is specifically used. If one lacks the ability to utilize actions, knowledge and experienced gained, then stress will likely mount. Until, breaking point.

Anxiety- Yes, I've suffered from it too. Again, sheer will power and understanding- Anxiety is an overwhelming feeling many suffer from. It comes in too many forms and must be dealt within every situation or circumstance it arrives at. This defaults to actions, knowledge and experience gained. If utilized properly, anxiety will be a short term, intermediate problem at best. If not, then it seizes the individual, so as to create a panic attack, in most cases.

Just my thoughts on it. smile

Yes gaining a great understanding of the above can certainly give you tools to cope, as long as you remember to use them.  Turning  a negative thought into a positive is a good tool to get you through.

Thankyou for your response smile

3. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 6 years ago

"You don't mind, it don't matter." That's great. I am a mind over matter guy myself.

yes I suppose some things can be mind over matter.

Thankyou smile

working