Seizure Disorders

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)
  1. profile image50
    dunlopdeb12posted 8 years ago

    Hello, I just want to say I am frustrated with the help that my family can get due to my disability which I am still not on the right medication since my accident 2 years ago when I fall twice in 1 weekend  . These injurirs were to the front and back of my head leaving me seizures and no balance , major migarines, can't be left alone and can't go anywhere by myself since this occurred and I am only 46 now and time of accidents 44. My life has taken a complete 360 as I used to work full time, was very active and very happy and content. Now I am very dependent on my family and this has caused some stress on them and myself. I know I can get someone in to help with household chores but I have family help in that department. I need my family to get some counciling with what is happening to me so that they can cope with the everyday challanges that I have with normal everyday routines. I am very grateful I am not alone like some individuals in this country but still I need some support for them so that they can better understand what I am going through everyday!

  2. profile image55
    hjl1posted 8 years ago

    Hi, sorry to hear about your injury. Dont know your location but in UK there is an excelent head injury group called headway.
    They can be found on Google and do provide councelling, legal advice etc. Even if you dont live in UK they may have contact details which could help you.
    Hope this helps

  3. La Papillon profile image67
    La Papillonposted 8 years ago

    Hi there wink
    Accepting help, for household tasks (and other things), from an 'outsider' or service can offer family members a respite (break) from such. This can help alleviate some of the stresses on them and even yourself. Don't be shy to accept or ask for 'outside' help.
    Counselling can be of assistance for all involved. This can help all vent, discuss and evaluate their feelings. Quality 'help' here can help you all with the 'team-work' involved with assisting you in your daily life.
    If you are concerned about your medication, you have a right to seek advice on such from your doctor or even gain several second/thrid opinions if you feel it is necessary.
    Good luck and I wish you well smile

    1. La Papillon profile image67
      La Papillonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

      I meant to also add......when an independant and active person becomes unable to enjoy all the things (activity, indepenence) they normally have in the past, they can become very frustrated when relying heavily on family and friends to help them. The loss of independence can be upsetting.
      Again , perhaps counselling for you or confiding in a very trusted person, regarding your feelings here, may help improve your contentment.
      Cheers, Louise.


This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at:

Show Details
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the or domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)