How To Prevent And Treat Varicose Veins?
Today, I will talk about how to prevent and treat varicose veins. After reading my previous hubs, you may now know that it is always not possible to prevent the development of varicose veins, but you should do everything possible to avoid the complications that entails with the treatment to cure this problem. After undergoing pain management injections and also varicose veins surgery, some patients keep on experiencing pain symptoms after some time of undergoing these treatments and some do not experience any pain for many years but then also there is always a risk factor involved and it is that varicose veins can recur again. So why not learn some simple tips and prevent varicose veins from occurring or spreading severely. It is a common understanding that any acute problem, which is not treated at the right time, can become chronic and severely disabling. Here comes the role of prevention, which is always better than treatment for any disease or condition.
Reclining Chairs for Preventing Varicose Veins
How To Prevent Varicose Veins? Five Tips
- People who live a sedentary lifestyle and are less active are more prone to develop varicose veins for example people who sit on the computers working all day for around 6 to 8 hours, so for them, it is highly recommended to get a break and move around or walk around after every hour of work.
- People should make sure to limit the time to rest with their feet elevated.
- The best seats for people who are prone to developing varicose veins or have varicose veins are reclining chairs that will keep their feet higher than their hips.
- Benefits of exercise are well know by each and every person and exercise also helps in preventing varicose veins because exercise prevent blood clots, which cause the formation of varicose veins.
- Using compression stockings could help prevent or alleviate the severe effects caused by varicose veins.
- Nutrition: For preventing varicose veins, one can increase the intake of healthy food sources of bioflavonoids, such as dark berries, green leafy vegetables, onions and garlic, and whole grains for vitamins and healthy nutrients.
You can buy witch hazel salve here for treating painful varicose veins
How To Treat Varicose Veins? Two Tips
Though it is highly advised to live an active lifestyle in order to prevent varicose veins, then also some people develop varicose veins. For them, there are two types of treatment options available, namely:
- Sclerotherapy: This procedure consists of an injection, which is given inside the varicose veins followed by the use of compression stockings, and bandages, which then diminish the appearance of varicose veins.
- Laser surgery: Surgeons can perform laser surgery or endovenous laser ablation of varicose veins to remove varicose veins. Also, Blue light therapy or venous laser therapies are very popular because they do not need recovery time.
- Witch Hazel: There are many online resources which have mentioned natural treatment is possible by using Witch hazel for varicose veins Witch hazel is an intoxicating liquid extract which has been used by many people to heal varicose veins. One can also try this but it is meant for treating only acute conditions and patients suffering from chronic varicose veins often have to undergo sclerotherapy or varicose veins surgery.
Also, many women develop varicose veins during pregnancy due to the bulging body and in them future pregnancies may worsen the appearance of varicose veins, so it would be an excellent idea to take over the problem as quickly as possible, so you can get rid of these troublesome varicose veins once and for all.
In my previous articles, I talked about: