How to make thick calves and ankles slim and slender
How to make your thick calves and ankles slim and slender:
1. SLIMSCULPT SLIMMING GEL FOR ANKLES AND CALVES: I would suggest the easiest and one of the most effective ways to slim down your thick calves and ankles is the Methode Jeanne Piaubert Slimsculpt Slimming Gel for Ankles and Calves. I first saw this product recommended in 'Glamour' magazine. It was and still is a relavtively new product with nothing else on the market claiming to do the same thing so I thought it was worth a shot. It includes Phytocomplex 255 and Caffeine to enhance slimming action and "the slimming and firming functions include high performance anti-cellulite actions targeting microcirculatory as well as fibrous and fatty cellulites." I applied the product once in the morning and once at night in upward strokes with the roller ball that is attached. I then spent 10 minutes massaging all around my ankles and calves to help stimulate my blood supply. It was nice and easy to apply and lasted a long time. Although I did not loose inches around my thick ankles and calves, within 3/4 weeks I did notice they were a lot less 'puffy' looking and generally more defined and slimmer looking and therefore more in proportion with the rest of my leg. So for me, it was deffiently worth it. I think that buying and using this product once and alone will not make a huge difference to your thick ankles and calves but used over a long period of time in conjunction with the other tips i've outlined here it should be massively beneficial to your over all mission of slimming down your thick ankles and calves. Buy it now or take a more detailed look by clicking the link above.
2. BARBARA CURRIE'S TOTAL BODY PLAN DVD: Something else that will slim down your thick ankles and calves is having a go at the Barbara Currie Total Body Plan DVD. One day I decided I wanted to work out the whole of my body and maybe lose a few pounds but wanted to start out slowly which is why I bought a yoga DVD. Within a few short weeks I noticed distinct definition between my ankle and my calf which had certainly not been there before. This alone acted as a huge incentive to keep going and by the end of about an 8 week period my thick calves were far more slender and most signficantly for me were more in proportion with the rest of my leg. I lost an inch around my ankle and 2 inches around my calf. The constant stretches also toned and shaped my thighs so my legs generally looked a whole lot sexier to such an extent I even got a compliment on my legs which I never have before! I was absolutly estatic as I hadn't actually got this DVD with my thick ankles and calves in mind. It makes perfect, logical sense that constant stretching will lengthen any tight, thick muscles out, it just hadn't properly occurred to me before and I hadn't realised the borderline miraculous results you could achieve if you keep doing it over a period of time.
You could theortically start out with any yoga or pilates DVD but I would highly recommend Barbara Currie's Total Body Plan DVD as she has a wealth of experience in yoga and is very well known in her field. Her DVD's are ideal for beginners as she starts with very gentle yet very effective exercises. She progresses quickly into more challenging movements and always has both beginner and more advanced versions of the same movement. I especially appreciate her attitude as she is always motivational but never too forceful or over-powering like a lot of other fitness DVD's. Most of the movements are targeted to the lower half of the body. Your legs will become firmer very quickly but most crucially will not bulk up. Although it may seem daunting at first, even the easiest, most simple exercises will make a difference to your thick calves and ankles in just a few short weeks. You will have to push yourself and if you have tight calf muscles like you most probably do or you wouldn't be on this page you will find it difficult initially. Just make sure you stretch as far as you can and try to stretch just a little bit further each time. You'll get there quickly so long as you keep at it. If you can't manage to do this every other day then at the very least make sure you stretch your legs out using a few of Barbara Currie's movements every other night for about 15 minutes. This will ensure your thick, tight muscles will slowly start to lengthen out. See the video clip below to get an idea of what Barbara does best! Click on the link below to buy now or have a look at some of her reviews.
3. WALK MORE: As well as toning the muscles walking a lot will also get your blood circulation going which, like the Slimsculpt Slimming Gel for Ankles and Calves will make your thick ankles look less puffy. Walking often should also get rid of any existing fat that you have around your ankles and calves without bulking your calf muscles up even more.
4. DRINK 6-8 GLASSES OF WATER EVERY DAY: A lot of people suffer from heavy and puffy looking ankles simply because they don't drink enough water. Make sure your drinking more than enough pure water every day without fail so that'll be one less thing to tick off your list.
5. FAKE TAN CONTOURING: Although this obviously won't actually make your thick ankles and calves any slimmer, applying fake tan in such a way that it makes them look slimmer will give you bags more confidence. Apply some fake tan or a matte bronzer all over your legs like you usaully would as a base. Then either apply some more tan/bronzer on the sides of your calves and blend or apply some highlighter/shimmer down your shins. I use the MUA Highlighting Powder which you can buy now by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page.
6. DRESS TO FLATTER: Again, to give you a bit more confidence make sure you aren't accentuating your thick calves and ankles without even realising.
- Always wear darker coloured clothing on your lower half and lighter colour clothing on your upper half. This will draw attention away from your lower half.
- When wearing jeans always opt for either bootleg jeans or boyfriend jeans. NEVER skinny jeans!
- When wearing a skirt make sure it ends where ever the thinnest part of your leg is.
- Avoid skinny heels and instead opt for heels which are quite chunky. This will balance out the thickness of both your calves and ankles.
Although you will most probably never have very skinny calves and ankles, if you follow the above steps of following through Barbara Currie's Total Body Plan DVD (or another yoga DVD of your own choice), the Methode Jeanne Piaubert Slimsculpt Slimming Gel for Ankles and Calves and the other tips outlined above you will almost certainly slim down your cankles and thick calves and create distinct definition between your ankle and calf and feel generally more confident and more in proportion to such an extent you'll have forgotten you ever had a complex about them to begin with!
A taste of Barbara:
Barbara Currie's Total Body Plan DVD:
Extra Links/Articles you may find useful:
- Jillian's Extreme Shed & Shred DVD review:
- Jillian's Killer Buns & Thighs DVD review: