Reasons and Symptoms of Swine flu
S is an influenza caused by the H1N1 virus. The wide spread of this virus occur from 2009. It is a type of influenza A. It is first occurred in Mexico and spread rapidly worldwide. The World Health Organization declared Swine flu as pandemic in June 2009. After declining in February 2010 H1N1 had taken around 15,291 deaths world wide.H1N1 virus was initially found in pigs which is then mutated and passed to the humans. Children’s and youngsters are widely affected by the H1N1 virus. wine flu
Why H1N1 rapidly spread?
If a person suffering from flu coughs or sneeze s in to the air that is taken by another person which causing rapid spread of flu. Similarly anything that taken by a flu patient is being taken by another causes rapid spread of it. Mainly swine flu affects pigs, which lead to symptoms like fever, barking, flow from nose, sneezing, difficulty in breathing and red eyes. Why pigs are mostly affected, because they are vulnerable to three diseases like swine flu, bird flu and human flu. It is difficult to understand initially because this swine flu virus causes the mixing of virus leading new variation. This mixing of virus leads to loss immunity of body.
Symptoms and high risk group:
Symptoms of swine flu are similar to usual influenza, with fever, headache, body pain, sneezing and coughing. Apart from these symptoms swine flu cause vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, chest congestion and some times lead to pneumonia.
These symptoms mostly affects to
- Pregnant women, children and elderly people.
- People with asthma or COPD.
- With Chronic heart and chronic disease.
- With liver disease.
- With Parkinsonism, Alzheimer’s disease.
- AIDS sufferers and people using immunosuppressants.
- Infants and people with diabetes mellitus.
- People over the age of 65.
Types of Influenza virus:
There are three types of influenza viruses like
- Influenza A.
- Influenza B.
- Influenza C.
The swine flu belongs to influenza A.
In order to confirm the occurrence of swine flu, special tests are required.
- Routine blood tests: If swine is their means it causes changes in routine blood pressure and variations in blood components are also identified with this.
- Chest X-ray: to identify pneumonia.
- Taking Nose or throat swab: By this test within 15 minutes laboratory can tell if it is type A or B influenza.
- Human influenza Virus Real-Time RT-PCR Detection and Characterization Panel is now available to identify swine flu which gives result with in 4 hours.
Treatment of swine flu involves from the home itself which includes isolation from children, elderly, pregnant and other high risk people. Then if flu occurs initially take Paracetamol or ibuprofen.
Anti viral drugs like Oseltamivir and Zanamivir can be used against bird flu. Emergency treatment should be taken if he needs more treatment. Now more treatment is available.
Swine flu vaccine: A swine flu vaccine is available for prevention of the infection.
Prevention of swine flu:
- Good hygiene is essential, this includes:
- Hand washing practices.
- Proper disposal of used tissues.
- Covering mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid contact with people with viral infections.
- Wearing face mask.
Go to these too..........
- H1N1 Swine Flu - A Personal Account of Symptoms & Re...
A personal account of the symptoms of H1N1 Swine Flu plus recovery time. Last year talk about the H1N1 Flu Virus was everywhere then it all died down...
- H1N1 Influenza Injection: Does The Vaccine Matter?
- Women Should Start Body Checkup from the age of 18 i...
I am writing this article with the help of Nutrition specialist and consultant gynecologist. Through this I like to share what checkups a woman should take at different ages to escape from future health problem.
- What a Drug can do to your Health?
Day to day, the use of harmful drugs are causing challenge and problems to Healthy Society. Once a man uses it he tends to use it again and finally life itself will base on drugs.