Why Women Should Start Body Checkup from the age of 18 itself
I am writing this article with the help of Nutrition specialist and consultant gynecologist. Through this I like to share what checkups a woman should take at different ages to escape from future health problem.
We all heard about a famous sentence ‘prevention is better than cure’. The no: of people thinking about this is increasing. But most of the people believe that check ups are only needed after the age of 40. We have to start checkups from the age of 18 itself in order to prevent future health problem.Those who want to know about the various checkups and how to present the conditions to a doctor is describing through this article.
Age between 18 – 23
- Skin Checkups: This can be done at the home itself. Wounds and marks on the body should be checked. If these are growing and the skin colour is changing means you should consult a doctor. Marks and other allergenic occurrence on the reproductive organs should be examined with the help of a doctor without any shy. Fungus like problems should identify yourself and cure it with the help of a skin specialist.
- Breast Checkups: It helps to identify yourself disease like breast cancer. All growth seen in the breast will not be breast cancer. Once every month you can check your breast, The best time for doing checking is 8days after the start of the period. While taking bath once can do this examination. Checkups method is already known to most of the women. During breast examination one should find out any growth, change in size of both and colour change . If you find anything you should consult a doctor for further examination
Age between 23-30
This is the time period where women get married and becomes a mother. At this age period some more checkups are necessary.
- Weight and Blood pressure checkups: In order to control the weight of body one should check their weight in every 4 months. According to your weight and height one should check their BMI (Body Mass Index). BP will lead to Heart attack In the future.
- Blood Check: Take Hemoglobin test to identify the blood level, Glucose test for identifying Diabetics. Anemia is mostly seen in women during this age. The hemoglobin test helps to identify it. The Glucose test should take only from 2 hours after and before taking breakfast. The value of fasting sugar will be 70-110mg/dl and the value of post prandial sugar will be 100-140mg/dl. If the tested value is more than the above, then you have diabetes. While taking blood test one should take less food and not take any sugar contained medicines. Most important is not drinking coffee before the test.
- Cholesterol test: Take a cholesterol test within the age of 30. People with hereditary cholesterol problem and with heavy body weight should take this test. Apart from blood cholesterol test one should do a lipid profile test, By doing this test we can identify the amount of Total cholesterol, HDL cholesterol and LDL cholesterol.
- PCOD test: Polysisticks Ovarian disease will lead to reproductive problems. It can be identified by understanding the symptoms like over hair growth, untimed period, Pain during periods. If all the three means you have PCOD. It may or may be led to this disease.
Age between 30-45:
During this time apart from the above woman should take thyroid test, Pap smear test and mammography.
- Thyroid test: To identify the working of thyroid gland,taking of this test is important.By taking a blood test for this it is easily identified the thyroid hormone level.
- Pap smear test: Womb cancer can be identified with the help of this test. Every 30 year old women should take this test to identify the human pappiloma virus. Checkup amount is low and test has no pain.
- Mammography: Breast cancer can be identified with the help of this test. If any family members have cancer means you should take mammography.
Age between 45-60:
Apart from the test from the age of 23 to 45, they have to go for an eye test and ECG.
- Eye test: At this age the eyesight problem mainly start to occur.glaucoma, cataracts etc. will occurs at this age. Identify early as possible to improve your vision.
- ECG: Take ECG test once between the two years. Over weighted persons, diabetic patient, blood pressure patients should take this test to identify the working of the heart. Women aged over 50 should take a stress test once every 4 years. They also should take treadmill test.
After the age of 60:
During this old time one should control food. Do proper exercise, all the above checkups. Also they should take Born Density Scan. This helps to identify the mineral deficiency. Those who are taking steroid medicines, under weighted, horomone problems should take this test.
infant and young child(birth-age6)
- Hepatitis B (HepB1)
- Rotavirus (RV2)
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, acellular Pertussis (DTaP3)
- Haemophilus Influenzae (Hib4)
- Pneumoccal (PCV5)
- Inactivated Poliovirus (IPV6)
- Influenza (Flu7)
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR8)
- Chickenpox (Varicella9)
- Hepatitis A (HepA10)
- Meningococcal (MCV411)
Pre-teens & teens (age7-18)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap1)
- Human Papilloma virus (HPV2)
- Meningococcal (MCV43) for age 11-12
- Influenza (Flu4)
- Inactivated Poliovirus (IPV8)
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR9)
- Chickenpox (Varicella10)
- Meningococcal Conjugate vaccine
- Flu vaccine
- Influenza (Flu1)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap2*)
- Chickenpox (Varicella3*)
- Human Papilloma virus (HPV4*)
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster5)
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR6*)
- Pneumococcal Polysaccharide (PCV/PPSV7.8)
- Meningococcal Conjugate (MCV4/MPSV49*)
- Hepatitis A (HepA10*)
- Hepatitis B (HepA11*)
Over age 65
- Influenza (Flu)
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Pertussis (whooping Cough)
- Pneumococcal (Pneumonia)
Routine adult Vaccines for pregnant women
you may also like
- Reasons and Symptoms of Mouth Cancer
cancer will eat your body parts.so better is to get out from it.According to the study of WHO, cancer occurs in southeastern countries especially in India is squamous cell carcinoma due to the increased use of tobacco.
- Change your lifestyle, control your pressure.
About 50% people have high pressure will not know about their conditions. If those who knows this, not trying to control it. The main thing is to identify the pressure level. If one is having high pressure then he has to change his lifestyle and also
- Control your cholesterol:
Cholesterol is also called the friend of the body. Maintaining some important functions inside the body is done with the help of cholesterol,