- Holidays and Celebrations»
20 Signs the Halloween Party is Not Going Well
Halloween Party Gone Wrong
Halloween is almost around the corner and many people are planning on having a Halloween party this year. A lot of preparation goes into every party. There are the creepy decorations, the food, the invitations, etc. So much work goes into every Halloween celebration, so we'd all like to think the party will be a blast. Unfortunately, that is not always the case. Sometimes there are some Halloween parties that take a wrong turn.
Perhaps your friends are just party poopers. Perhaps you don't have any friends at all. Maybe you have cranky neighbors. You could even have really lame decorations. No matter the cause, the problem is still the same. Your Halloween party has been a total bummer. No one is having a good time and guests are threatening to go home. Even worse, they are not even excited to hear about the big Anti-Turkey Eco-Friendly Thanksgiving Bash you are planning next month.
If you are trying to prevent having a totally lame Halloween party, maybe you need to read this list so you can identify the signs that you are throwing a terrible Halloween party right off the bat. Maybe you can nip the problem in the bud. You may not be planning on throwing your own Halloween celebration, but you need to keep a list in mind in case you end up at a super crazy or totally boring Halloween party this year. Either way, check out the 20 signs the Halloween is not going well:
The 20 Scary Signs
- You started snacking on the food thinking it was supposed to look rotten for Halloween. Unfortunately, it really is rotten, moldy food.
- No one is dressed for the Halloween party. They are just standing around demanding free food.
- There is a creepy guy sitting in the livingroom dressed like the rubber suit man from An American Horror Story. No one knows who he is, or who invited him, or how he got in.
- A really foul odor is coming from the kitchen. It doesn't seem as if this is on purpose to add an eerie atmosphere to the party. Apparently something died, and no one is too keen on finding out the truth.
- One word for you: clowns.
- The host is really not that into Halloween and begins playing Christmas music. It doesn't help that he is dressed like Santa.
- No one wants to do the Monster Mash or the Time Warp.
- Everyone is forced to watch kid-friendly Halloween movies like Casper the Friendly Ghost. No one at the party is under 18.
- Your dog begins attacking party guests because he is freaked out when he sees Batman, the Burger King, a Princess, and a fake Police Officer in the livingroom.
- Someone is at the party with a chainsaw. Since he is not dressed like Leatherface from Texas Chainsaw Massacre, everyone is starting to get suspicious the chainsaw is not part of the costume.
- Your friend decides to replace eyeball shaped candies with real eyeballs. There is no telling where or how he got those!
- Someone claiming to be an actual vampire shows up. It was really cool until she started biting the guests.
- The children in your neighborhood won't even bother trick or treating at your house. They've heard your party is that lame.
- The guy dressed in the black rubber suit and the fellow with the chainsaw cannot be found anywhere at the party. However, there was some screaming coming from one of the rooms in the back of the house.
- Your idea of scaring the guests is showing them your credit card bills. Scary? Yes. Appropriate? No.
- A fake corpse on the kitchen table would have been a great scary idea. A real corpse on the kitchen table probably went too far.
- You thought a zombie theme for your party was a fun idea. It would have been perfect if the zombie apocalypse didn't really happen that very night. Now you have no idea who is really trying to eat your brains or if they just want a fun-sized Snickers.
- Two words for you: spider infestation.
- It seemed funny to have the party at a real haunted house. When the real ghosts showed up, some people lacked a sense of humor.
- When the cops knocked at the door, everyone thought the party must have been getting out of hand in an awesome way. This was until the cops mentioned they were looking for a dangerous man with a chainsaw and an accomplice wearing a black rubber suit. Hey, wait a minute....
More Halloween Hubs!
- How to Have a 1980s Horror Movie Halloween Party
If you'd like to try a different twist on a 1980s themed party, why not have a 1980s horror movie halloween party? It will be scary and fun at the same time!
- Completely Ridiculous Halloween Costumes
Not in the mood to be scary this Halloween? Why not dress in the most completely ridiculous Halloween costume ever then? If you can't be spooky, you can at least be funny.
- Have a Scary Doll Party This Halloween!
Do you want to really creep out your friends this Halloween? Why not have a Scary Doll Halloween Party? Your guests might need therapy to recover from the horror of your party!
- The Best Halloween Music Videos
Halloween music videos are fun for everyone at the Halloween party. Make sure to check out this list so you don't have to scramble at the last minute finding your own music videos.