- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Birthdays & Celebrations
5 gift ideas for your husband, the geek.
You married a geek. Yes. A geek. We've all been there, but If you are unsure if your husband falls into this category ask yourself these questions:
Does my husband spend an inordinate amount of time playing games on the computer, Xbox PlayStation or Wii?
Does my husband scope out the toy section during our regular trips to the store?
Does my husband watch the history channel or discovery channel regularly, including shows about aliens, mythology, or Bigfoot?
Does my husband have an entire room dedicated to a movie, book, or comic?
Does my husband play collectible card games like Magic the gathering, Yu-gi-oh, or Pokémon?
Does my husband know all of the specifications on my computer, and does he talk about them like it is common knowledge?
Does my husband fantasize about Leia in her gold bikini?
If you answered yes to even one of these questions you are dealing with a geeky husband. There is no need to panic, after all, you got through the wedding without a light saber battle (If you did not get through the wedding without a light saber battle, you knew exactly what you were getting into.)
Does the thought of going into the local game shop to pick out a present for your husband freak you out? No need to worry, here are some tried and true presents for your geeky husband.
- The Greatest Stories Never Told: 100 Tales from History to Astonish, Bewilder, and Stupefy by Rick Beyer- If your husband's geekiness leads to hours in front of the T.V watching the history channel, he will love this look back into time. You would also be safe with any book that has the words wookie, alien, or bigfoot in the title.
- Star Wars Pajama Pants- Let the glow from your husband's geekiness keep him warm at night. If your husband is a trekkie, I would advise against these.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops- If your husband owns an XBOX 360, he probably already has this game, but if not, he wants it. If your husband has been obsessing over this or any other video game, you have the perfect gift.
- Remote control helicopter- If your husband loves playing with RC cars, or RC batmobiles,buy him something to take to the skies, and out of your living room.
- A trip to the next Comic Con or Gen Con- Let your husband hang out and game with people who speak his own geeky language. You can accompany him, but I would advise you to bring air freshener. 2000 sweating geeky boys and men= wanting to gag yourself with a sock, or so I've heard.
-Mrs.Infertility aka a woman who did have to deal with a light saber battle at my wedding.