- Holidays and Celebrations
Christmas Cookie Favorites Prt 1 | Orange Chocolate Balls | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
I’ve said it before but Simple is sometimes best. This Christmas Cookie recipe is a tried and true favorite and not very hard to do. It has the added benefit of very little cooking (you have to melt the butter) so even very young children can help with this one, and have a grand time at it too.
One note here if your sending cookies to troops in Afghanistan or Iraq; these will probably not travel well to these destinations. Even though the Weather ‘in country’ is cooler, or even cold, the APO system travels through some places that are still above 90 on the tarmacs. I did receive a tin of these from my Mom, Dorothy, when I was stationed in Germany many years ago and they made it there OK.
So gather the munchkins up and get those cookie tins ready, and Do Enjoy!
2 Pkgs (8 ½ oz each) Chocolate Wafers, crushed
1 Cup Confectioners Sugar
1/3 Cup Frozen Concentrated Orange Juice (thawed, undiluted)
¼ Cup Light Corn Syrup
¼ Cup Butter
1 Cup Walnuts (finely chopped)
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together until stiff (gooey not really sure how to describe this but you’ll know when it’s right) and consistent. Shape into 1 inch balls and chill.
- Roll in Confectioners Sugar just before storing or packaging in gift containers.
Yield 4 Dozen 1inch Balls
More from the Cupboard Drawer
- The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book, was first published in September 1988 by my Father Mel Ellis, from recipes that literally were in the cupboard drawer that had been collected over the years by my Mom,...
- An Easy Holiday Chocolate Fudge Recipe | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
The coming Holidays generate more and more things to do so time becomes a precious commodity. Here is a Fudge Recipe from The Cupboard Drawer that can be done in less than 30 mins and lets you put some...
- Church Window Cookies | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
Church Windows Cookies are a pretty nifty way to celebrate the great wonders of stained glass found in houses of worship, and public buildings around the world. For me, there has always been a certain...
- Christmas Chocolate Eggnog Recipe | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
Here is an easy Chocolate flavored Eggnog recipe from The Cupboard Drawer. For the Chocoholics out there, this gives the eggnog a real smooth taste; and of course you can spice (or spike depends on...
Like What You've Read?? Give it a Thumbs up!
Do You have something to say??? Join Hub Pages - It's Free!!
You might just make some money as well!!