Father's Day Low To No Cost Gifts Ideas | Also, Practical Gifts for Dads & Grand-Dads
A Special Day for Dads
Every third Sunday in June, many people in the United States and Canada celebrates Fathers Day as a day to express their gratitude and appreciation for all that “Dad” has done over the years. Lots of people show their appreciation by giving dad presents, greeting cards or a planned trip to dad’s favorite place. But most people don't even remember this day, much less celebrate it.
Could it be that we've taken our fathers for granted? We make so much of mother's day, so why not father's day! Granted that there are dead-beat dads, absentee dads who don't deserve to be recognised on father's day, but there are millions of dads out there who care and have been there for there family. So for all those worthy dads out there, this one's for you!
Kudos to Dad Everywhere!
As the main bread winners in most homes, dads work so hard day after day. That’s not to say that moms don’t work hard. In fact, there are several moms who work both inside and outside the home. But, we need to let the dads in our lives know how much they are appreciated, especially in this troubled economy where many dads have resulted to working extra hours (overtime), or have even taken on extra jobs in other to keep food on the table, and a roof over their family.
It's only fitting that we would want to say a special 'thank you' to the dads in our lives. So, here are some great practical ways to say 'Thank You" to the Dads in your life:
- Practical Gifts for Mom on Mother's Day
Whether it's Mother's day or Christmas, our mothers deserves our gifts of love everyday of the year. So, here are some practical gifts for the mom in your life.
- Mother's Day Gifts - What Not To Give. Seriously!
Mother's day is around the corner. Here are some gifts you definitely don' t want to give on mother's day.
- Childless, But Not By Choice | Remember The Childles...
There are those who are childless and happy, and there are those who will give anything to have a chance at motherhood. Childless, but not by choice. What you can do to help.
- It takes A Village To Raise A Child - Pros & Cons
What does it take to raise a child in today’s society? And, what happened to the 'it takes a village idea'?
Practical Gift Ideas to Honor Your Dad
If you're a mom reading this, you need to help your little one(s) make this father’s day a very special day for dad. There are so many different ways to help your kids say thank you to dad. You can help:
- Make Dad A Special Father’s Day Card - This is especially a fitting gift idea for those dads who are away from home. Mom, you can help your child out by include your kids’ picture and a heartfelt, hand-written message to dad.
- Write Dad A Poem – Another perfect way to honor the dads that are away from home. Poems are a great way for your kids to let dad know how much he is loved and appreciated.
- Make Dad A Book - Photo books are a great way to say thank you to dad for all the wonderful memories. You can help your kids make dad a book showcasing every special time your kids have spent with dad over the years. Whether it’s about the trip to a ball game, going fishing or just him being there at the dinner table or at their bedside every night to tuck them in bed, something that most kids don’t get to have.
- Buy Dad A Ready-Made Gift - A shirt, T-shirt, tie, or maybe even a ticket to see his favorite sports team play. There's nothing like giving your dad something you know he’ll love, and use.
- Buy Dad A Personalized Father’s Day Gift - This could be a personalized Golf Club, for the ‘hole-in-one’ dad; Coffee Mug for the ‘can’t leave home without the caffeine’ dad; or pen for the ‘pen craze’ dad. You can even get a meat branding tool for the Master Chef Dad.
- Custom Bookmark - My kids gave one of these to my husband a few years ago. All you need is a picture of the kids the size of a credit card or smaller. Cut it out and glue it unto a 2" by 6" cardstock with hand-written notes of 'I love you" from the kids. Take it to Staples or any of the office mart stores to have it laminated. Any dad will love to carry this with him anywhere. My husband uses his as a bookmark for his bible. He loves it!
Note that all the gifts mentioned here are also appropriate gifts for step-dads, grand-daddies, and great-grand daddies. So, whatever gift you choose to give this father’s day, let it be a heartfelt gift that says, ‘Thank you dad for being there, and for caring’. With all these different ideas for a father's day gift, you can't go wrong.
Gift Ideas For The Other Men In Your Life
I do realize that there may be some reading this who do not have a dad in their life. But if there has been some male figure in your life who have impacted you positively; maybe your godfather, a teacher, a coach, a big brother, a mentor, or pastor. Let that person know how much they mean to you.
You can write a heart-felt note outlining how much you appreciate this person's love, care and time in your life. You can also incorporate any of the gift ideas mentioned above or choose from the never ending lists of great gifts, some of which are listed below.
Common Father's Day Gifts
Not So Common Father's Day Gifts
Tie, Shoes, Belt, Watch, Wallet
Ticket To A Broadway Show
Ticket To His Favorite Sport Playoffs
Baseball Bat, Golf Club
Cruise Vacation Package
Personalized T-Shirt, Cap
Pre-Paid Gas Card
A Year Subscription/Supply of Local News Paper
Shaving Kit, Deodorant, Cologne
Dad's Very Own Custom-Made Shed/Workroom
"Best Dad In The Whole World" Mug
Dad' Very Own Coffee Maker
Which of these father's day gifts do you find to be widespread?
Dads Love Gifts Too
Though they may not always ask for it, or demand it, it's a known truth that dad love to receive gifts from their kids and grand-children. So, let this father's day be that opportunity to give dad something you know he'll treasure. These are just of a few reminder of the many things you can do:
- Give dad a special Father's Day Card
- Write dad a poem
- Make dad a book
- Buy dad a ready-made gift, and finally,
- Buy dad a personalized father’s day gifts
To all the dads who are reading this, and especially to dads who are serving in the military abroad, I say, “God Bless You”. And may God renew your strength from day to day as you continue to stay strong for your families.Let’s not forget though, that God in heaven is our ultimate provider. He gives us the strength so we can be up and doing. Without Him, we’ll be weak, feeble, unable to work, and unable to bring home the bacon. And that’s the truth! So we say, ‘Thank You Dear God for Everything, but mostly for being a good Father.
Happy Father’s Day!
Do you love to write? Do you have a passion for sharing with others what you know? You can do that by signing up right here on hubpages. And guess what? You'll make some money doing it too. Writing, that is.
Author: Comfort Babatola - ©Copyright 2013