When do you start decorating for Christmas? I see a lot of people who have already decorated at

I have seen a lot of Christmas decorations up now before Thanksgiving, which I can understand, being they will have family to come and can enjoy the decorations a little longer, also being it takes a lot of time to put them all up, just to take them back down in a couple of weeks. Plus, if one is not going to see their family during Christmas, it adds to the festivities. Having said all of that, we usually put ours up, the first weekend in December.

suzettenaples profile image90

Best Answer Suzette Walker (suzettenaples) says

Hi suzette, Yes, I love to experience each holiday's special tradition on its own. However, Christmas Eve is cutting it a bit short LOL. Thank you about my granddaughters. That photo was taken last Christmas of course! Blessings

teaches12345 profile image97

Dianna Mendez (teaches12345) says

Hi teaches, yes, that is about when we start decorating for Christmas too, and leave it up longer. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

quildon profile image81

Angela Joseph (quildon) says

Hi quildon, I believe you are right about the stores and putting out decorations earlier and earlier each year, even in October, I saw Christmas decorations. That is about when we decorate, the first weekend in December.

CraftytotheCore profile image86

CraftytotheCore says

Hi Crafty, that sounds so lovely for when family and friends who you may need see at Christmas to decorate on Thanksgiving and listening to Christmas music. It is a joy to decorate to get one in the mood, and I have not started shopping yet either!

suzzycue profile image93

Susan Britton (suzzycue) says

Hi suzzycue, thanks for answering. Yes, back in October, my husband and I went into a restaurant/retail chain store, and it had all three holidays set up, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. It was overwhelming. Yes, there is plenty of time.

nancynurse profile image78

Nancy McClintock (nancynurse) says

Hello nancynurse, thank you for answering. Personally, I like to celebrate each holiday as its own too. But I can understand why some go ahead and do have it all up at Thanksgiving for family reasons or just to enjoy the season longer.