jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

When do you start decorating for Christmas?

1. profile image71
    ElleBeeposted 4 years ago

When do you start decorating for Christmas?

2. possum lover profile image58
    possum loverposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8482105_f260.jpg

I wait until after Thanksgiving, however just yesterday I saw some people setting up an inflatable Santa Claus and snowman in their front yard. We still have almost 8 weeks to go before Christmas, but I guess it's different strokes for different folks.

3. penlady profile image61
    penladyposted 4 years ago

From what I've observed, most people start the day after Thanksgiving.

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I'm one of the people who wait until after Thanksgiving. Not too many people around me decorate before then. Some of them will get outside and string up lights before then so they can do it while it's still fairly warm, but don't turn them on until later.

5. moonfairy profile image78
    moonfairyposted 4 years ago

My outside lights go on the day after Thanksgiving but I usually wait a week or so after that before I decorate inside my home.

6. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 4 years ago

We work in stages: I start putting up decorations ie. wreaths, candles, and garlands the week after Thanksgiving and work poinsettias in with my white flowers by the front door, my husband works on the outdoor lights 2 weeks before Christmas, and we get our tree the week before.  It all comes down by Jan. 7.

7. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 4 years ago

We haven't yet started decorating for Christmas but usually a day or two before the day

8. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

The weekend after Thanksgiving. I'm waiting to purchase anything Christmasy and decorate the house until that weekend. Doing it before seems like cheating myself out of the patient wait. If I get ready too soon, the Christmas spirit will not be as easy to achieve in December.

9. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 4 years ago

I start right after Thanksgiving.  I do it in stages so that it is completed by the second week of December.  It adds to the excitement of the season since it is like a slow moving picture.

working