jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

What was your best Christmas moment ever?

1. moneyfairy profile image60
    moneyfairyposted 4 years ago

What is you most  memorable moment at Christmas time that you'll never forget?

moneyfairyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'll never forget when I was younger and my little brother had everything you could imagine but yet he was still sad. He just like ripping stuff open. So my mom wrapped apples and oranges etc..just so he could rip more stuff open and he was finally satisfied. He was the youngest so ,yes a little spoiled. But he is a good person and dealing with a life altering illness now. But that christmas I'll never forget. Look forward to hearing your moment or moments that you can't forget.

2. moneyfairy profile image60

Were you maybe proposed to on Christmas?
    Or had a birth on Christmas?
    or some big family happening?

3. moneyfairy profile image60

Nobody has any special Christmas memories?

4. ftclick profile image61
    ftclickposted 4 years ago

A green schwinn bicycle. I never forgot that present.

great!!! wonderful!!!glad you had an enjoyable christmas memory!!!

5. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

Working in the Salvation Army toy store one year, when a little girl with pigtails and a plaid dress suddenly stopped dead on her way out of the store, came running back to me in the back of the room and gave me a big hug and kiss with a whispered "Thank you" before running back to her Mom.

On the other end of the scale, our second child was delivered (via cesarean section) on the 21st.  He was promptly whisked 50 miles to another city with a NICU and while Mom made it home for Xmas there was no baby.  It was another week before she was able to travel enough to see her new baby in that horrible intensive care unit.

1. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry.  Posts that make me cry will no longer be accepted in the HP forums.

Wow.  Talk about your peaks and valleys, eh?

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

There have indeed been highs and lows but Christmas will always be my favorite time of the year. 

It is also what you make of it; the year the baby was born saw a few tears Christmas day but also saw lots of smiles, hugs and laughter.  So don't cry Motown; joy and happiness is always available if you look for it.

1. profile image0
          Motown2Chitownposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Ah...I cry the most in joy and happiness! big_smile

There's a scripture that says the Lord saves our tears in a bottle.  I've had lots of friends tell me that he has at least three for me!

1. habee profile image91
            habeeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

He keeps mine in 55-gallon barrels. lol

2. moneyfairy profile image60

Wilderness: What a great story and sorry about the baby....Glad you had some great christmas memories and such a positive attitude with all that you went thru. smile
      Motown2chitown: I probably have gallons somewhere smile
      habee:mine are in the gallons too. smile

6. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 4 years ago

When I was eight years old, my parents totally surprised me with a pony. I'd been begging for one for a long time, but I'd just about given up. After all, we lived in town, and we couldn't very well keep an equine in our back yard. Wow - what a magical Christmas!!

Oh I bet you had the biggest smile when you saw that pony yikes)
      Great !!! Great!!!! Good Christmas memories!!! Thanks!!!

working