jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What is the Best Christmas gift to give someone who has just lost a child (still

1. CMCastro profile image78
    CMCastroposted 7 years ago

What is the Best Christmas gift to give someone who has just lost a child (stillbirth)?

2. zoey24 profile image75
    zoey24posted 7 years ago

When my Mum passed away, my partner bought me a rose bush so each year it grows in memory of my Mum. Also we have a 'In Memory Of' ornament for our Christmas tree with my Mums photo on. I know you can also get little angel tree ornaments in memory of children.

3. heart4theword profile image80
    heart4thewordposted 7 years ago

Maybe it would be a nice gesture, to have a star named after the baby?

4. CarolineChicago profile image83
    CarolineChicagoposted 7 years ago

After losing my dad, the best gifts were those that made life easier when I was too down to deal with things. For instance, gift cards to Domino's, Pizza Hut, or local restaurants that deliver. When I didn't feel like dealing with dinner for the family, I could just call and have it dealt with. My mom received several of those as well and really appreciated it. If it feels too impersonal--and depending on how close of friends you are--you could put it in with a knit shawl or blanket. Something cozy and comforting.

5. mirage erin profile image82
    mirage erinposted 7 years ago

a gift certificate to a spa. a little pampering is always good. i also wrote a hub about some other surprise gifts...

6. ExpandYourMind profile image72
    ExpandYourMindposted 7 years ago

Perhaps a donation to a favorite charity in the bereaved's or child's memory -- such as the March of Dimes would be appreciated

7. inovative007 profile image50
    inovative007posted 7 years ago

may be a pet(dog,cat,etc)  And dont forget to  share  love

8. profile image0
    Yarightposted 7 years ago

In my opinion the best gift you can give that person is to be with them for the holidays. Go and help cook Christmas dinner, or bring them out to a movie. Help take their mind off of such a tragic and awfully sad predicament.

9. profile image60
    foreignpressposted 7 years ago

Considering that everybody else will be giving presents of sympathy, she might prefer something that doesn't remind her of her loss. Gift cards to favorite shops are always good. Or maybe some appliance broke that you could replace. Sometimes too much sympathy prolongs the pain rather than helps it.

10. Susan Starts Now profile image60
    Susan Starts Nowposted 7 years ago

Space and time.  It can be a burden to have to talk and share with others about such a huge loss when you are not sure what you feel.  The best gift you can give a person who has a lost a child is the right to be alone and feel sad for awhile.

11. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 7 years ago

Your time, love and affection, just holding their hand, letting them cry on your shoulder.  The wonderful gift of your caring self.

12. bulalo profile image60
    bulaloposted 7 years ago

Losing a child is a negative thing.

Why not give a gift based on the positive? Such as one that will make a person remember happy moments instead of bad ones?

Closed to reply