I was recently asked what my favourite christmas song is, and I had no idea? When I was younger my favourite Christmas song was Mariah Careys 'All I want for Christmas', but I seem to have grown out of that now and need a new one. Can anyone recommend a potential new favourite?
ooopps just seen a thread like this has already been started here http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/106785. sorry.
My favourites are also All I want for Christmas is you as it really relates to me this year.
Another one I've loved for as long as I can remember is Drummer Boy. I'd always complain if they didn't have it on Carols by Candlelight.
I love O' Holy Night and Don't Save It All for Christmas Day by Celine Dion ...
My favorite son is "Oh, Holy Night" - it is so beautiful, it brings tears to my eyes whenever I hear it. Another one I love is "Mary Did You Know"
I totally forgot about the hyms like O Holy night, I do love those. Never heard of the Celine Dion one (it sounds pretty epic!) or 'Mary Did You Know', good ones to add to my collection, thanks!
1. Presents for Christmas -Solomon Burke
2. Santa Claus is Coming- Ray Charles
3. Winter Wonderland -Annie Lennox
4. Thank God It's Christmas- Queen
5. Santa Claus is Coming -Pointer Sisters
6. That Spirit of Christmas -Ray Charles
7. Blue Christmas -Loretta Lynn
8. Back Door Santa -Clarence Carter
9. Merry Christmas Baby -Sheryl Crow & Eric Clapton
10. Run Run Rudolph- Bryan Adams
11. Lonely This Christmas- Mud
12. Merry Christmas Everybody -Slade
13. Blue Christmas- Gary Hoey
14. Merry Christmas Baby -Tina Turner
15. Five Wishes for Christmas -Steve Martin
16. White Christmas -The Beatles
17. Merry Christmas Baby -Otis Redding
18. Another Christmas Song -Jethro Tun
19. Rockabilly Christmas- Big Bad Voodoo Daddies
20. Christmas All Over Again -Tom Petty
21. Walking'round Bob Rivers
22. Father Christmas -The Kinks
23. Christmas (Please Come Home) - U2
24. I Am Santa Claus - Ozzie
1. Poor Man's X-mas -Smokin' Joe Kubek wl Bnois King
2. Merry Christmas Baby I Please Come Home for Christmas -
3. Santa Claus Wants Some Lovin' -Albert King
4. I Wanna Be Your Santa Claus -Jerry McCain
5. Please Come Home for Christmas -Johnny Winter
6. Santa Claus, Santa Claus -Louis Jordan
7. Lonesome Christmas -Lowell Fulson
8. Run Rudolph Run -Chuck Berry
9. All I Need for Christmas is You -BB Coleman & Blues Boy Willie
10. At the Christmas Ball -Bessie Smith wl Louis Armstrong
11. How I Hate to See Christmas Come Around -Jimmy
12. Sonny Boy's Christmas Blues -Sonny Boy Williamson
13. Christmas Comes but Once a Year -Charles Brown
& Johnny Otis
14. Merry Christmas Baby -BB King
15. Christmas Tears -Sandra Hall wl Chicago Bob Nelson
16. Every Day Will Be Like a Holiday -William Bell
17. Santa's Messin' with the Kid -Eddie C. Campbell
18. Santa -Lightnin' Hopkins
19. Santa, Don't Let Me Down -Earl King
20. Merry Christmas Baby - Luther Johnson "Guitar Junior"
1. Booge Woogie Santa Claus - Mabel Scott
2. Absent Minded Santa - Jerry McCain
3. Christmas Is Here Again - Little Johnny Taylor
4. Christmas Time - Trudy Lynn
5. Please Come Home For Christmas - Holy Cole
6. One Day Before Christmas - Legendary Blues Band
7. Sad, Sad Christmas - McCain/Coleman
8. Merry Christmas baby - William Bell
9. Blue Christmas - Meditation Singers
10. Gee Whiz It's Christmas - Carla Thomas'
11. Jingle Bells - Bookwer T and The MGs
12. Backdoor Santa - BB King
13. Happy Christmas Tears - Little Jimmy King
14. X-mas Blues - Preston Shannon Band
15. Five Pound Box Of Money - Michelle Wilson
16. I Wanna Spend Christmas With You - Lowell Fulson
17. Merry Christmas Baby - Chuck Berry
18. Empty Stocking Blues - Floyd Dixon
19. May Christmas Bring You Happiness - Chick Willis
20. Sam's Christmas Blues - Anson Funderburgh
21. I Didn't Get Nothin' For Christmas - Vernon Garrett
1. Christmas Celebration - B.B. King
2. Christmas, Don't Forget About Me - Drink 5mqll
3. Run, Rudolph, Run - Roomful of Blues
4. Dig That Crazy Santa Claus - Oscar McLollie & His Honey Jumpers
5. Cool Yule - Louis Armstrong & the Commanders
6. Who Took the Merry Out of Christmas - Staple Singers
7. Santa Done Got Hip - The Marquees
8. Boogie Woogie Santa Claus - Lionel Hampton
9. Five Pound Box of Money - Pearl Bailey
10. Santa Baby - Holly Cole
11. Let's Make Christmas Mean Something - James Brown
12. Lonesome Christmas - Blues Boy Willie
13. Just a Lonely Christmas - Diana Ross & the Suptemes
14. Merry Christmas, Baby - Lionel Hampton & His Orchestra
15. (AII I Want For Christmas) Is To Lay Around - Chick Willis
16. Hey Santa Claus - The Moonglows
17. Santa Claus is Back in Town - Nqppy Brown
18. Christmas Spirit - Julie Lee & Het Boy Friends
19. Christmas Tears - David Dee
20. I Told Santa Claus - Roomful of Blues
21. Wintertime Done Rolled - Lightnin S1im
22. Let's Make Christmas Merry, Baby - Amos Milburn
23. Blues for Christmas - Eddie C. Campbell
24. Please Come Home for Christmas - Chick Willis
This is not a Christmas song, but it seems soooooooooo right this Christmas. ♡ ♡ ♡
by Kenneth Wayne13 months ago
Just curious why you can't say Merry Christmas anymore? I have never got upset when someone said Happy Hanukkah. The way I see it, someone is just wishing good times based on whatever their background is. I think it's...
by Jacqueline Williamson BBA MPA MS3 years ago
When I was a child, my parent told me that Santa delivered all the goodies that were under the tree. I later found out at school from fellow students that there was no such person. I didn’t tell my parents that I knew...
by Jack Lee2 weeks ago
I wish you have a great celebration with family and friends...it is the season for giving, charity, good will to all men and women, peace on earth.
by Credence23 weeks ago
I propose a truce allowing the rightwinger access to our trenches in greetings and good cheer, at least for the moment, similar to this touching account from World War I:----------------------------Starting on Christmas...
by zzron6 years ago
People have been saying Merry Christmas for over 2000 years. Especially in the United States for over 200 years. Why has this expression become so offensive over the past few years? Does Merry Christmas offend you? If...
by spiderpam7 years ago
After viewing the comments of almost every skeptic here and beyond. I’ve noticed that when they get into a tight corner or really want to get off topic they bring up Santa Clause. It happens 99% of the time. I...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.