jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Have you made any New Years resolutions?

1. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 6 weeks ago

I don't usually make any resolutions, but this year I decided that I am going to resist click bait. You know those annoying things on the side of your screen that say things like, "People who died and nobody noticed," or "You won't believe what these stars look like now." Usually they are accompanied by a photo of someone who does not appear in the actual content. The pages are slow to load, littered with ads and it's a tedious and unrewarding slide show. I admit that I have fallen prey to these on occasion, but no more!

1. poppyr profile image98
      poppyrposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

That's a great new year's resolution. Clickbait like that is also no doubt riddled with annoying ads and pop-ups. In answer to your question:

In 2017, a friend of mine made a resolution to write one poem a day, and she did it! One poem a day, 365 of them. So I was inspired to start a blog and write one post a day. It also motivates me to go out and do interesting things and take more photographs.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image96
        Sherry Hewinsposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

That sounds like a great goal, and not too unreasonably hard to do if you put your mind to it.

2. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 weeks ago

I usually manage to resist, but I did fall for one of those stupid things two days ago.  So annoying!

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image81
    Kathryn L Hillposted 6 weeks ago

To stay off the computer as much as possible.

4. Shogun profile image46
    Shogunposted 6 weeks ago

Just to write more and get back into a more normalized daily routine.

working