jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Some simple to make, home made table decorations for Christmas.

1. Helen Cater profile image79
    Helen Caterposted 8 years ago

Some simple to make, home made table decorations for Christmas.

I would love some ideas for table decorations this Christmas. I would love to make my own crackers, but have no clue how. Any gift ideas to go inside of them, and some fancy table displays that are easy to make would be great

2. febriedethan profile image78
    febriedethanposted 8 years ago

Christmas Table Decoration epicurious.com  It's time to decorate the table for Christmas feast. Does not have to be fancy and exclusive,  we could use our old stuffs like vase, table-cloth, etc. Just put some new approach and ideas like experiment... read more

3. limeylena profile image56
    limeylenaposted 8 years ago

Large clear vases, with colored glass stones and glitter in the bottom, and sparkly fake flowers coming out of the top. All of it can be bought cheaply in Michael's or other craft stores. That's just the first thing that popped into my head- I'll think on it some more and get back to you! wink

4. ludlowquiltandsew profile image61
    ludlowquiltandsewposted 8 years ago

Hi Helen,
    I used to make crackers when my kids were young.  I think I used a cardboard cylinder about 4" long and wrapped a rectangle of crepe paper about 8" long around it, scrunching  it in either side of the cardboard to give a cracker shape.  Most craft shops sell the pull bit that gives the noise.
    For presents I used keyrings, small bottle of perfume, small cosmetic items, puzzles - even socks, once, I think!
    I've just published a hub about table decorations that are quick and easy to make:  http://hubpages.com/hub/Christmas-Table-Arrangement.  I'm sure there's an easy way to give the link, but I haven't found it yet!
    Regards, Rose

5. kruss01 profile image55
    kruss01posted 8 years ago

Poinsettias can make wonderful center pieces, used with the other ideas you can make Martha proud!

6. MiamiLatte profile image57
    MiamiLatteposted 8 years ago

One very nice table decoration is multiple sized glass vases with some colored beads and potpourri on top of the beads is very very nice. I recently decorated my table wit some of those and everyone loced them. You can also go to your local walmart (I always find nice inexpensive things there) and purchase table matts that are red and green and sit them on top of each other at each place setting then place in the middle of the table a nice bown with water and floating christmas candles. It looks very nice. You can always by a set of champagne glasses (walmart also for about $10) place green and red peppermints in the glasses and along side them place small christmas trees (about $1 EACH). There are an abundance of coordinations you make to keep it elegant but embrac ethe holiday them. Good Luck I hope I've helped stir those creative juices. smiles...

Closed to reply