jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

With the holiday season coming up, which would you prefer to receive, a gift or

1. floating mind profile image78
    floating mindposted 8 years ago

With the holiday season coming up, which would you prefer to receive, a gift or the money?  Why?

The global economy has had its ups and downs over the past year.  This has effected most of us.  I was wondering; has it changed your giving habits for this year by opting to give cash in place of a gift.

2. stricktlydating profile image81
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

I'd prefer to receive a gift. Thesedays we don't always splurge on little luxuries, so I'm happy to receive something just for me.

3. Here to Help profile image58
    Here to Helpposted 8 years ago

I tell people not to worry about it and that I don't need anything, but if they insist then my response is money.  I choose money for the purpose that it is feels better to give than to receive. I would rather be gifted money so that I could use that money to go out and buy something for that person. In essence, I'd use the money so that I could turn around and use that money to buy gifts for other people.

4. profile image0
    bigvlametposted 7 years ago

Well, it's always nice to receive money.  And my first reaction is wouldn't be nice to a little extra cash in my pocket.  I think there is something special about receiving a gift from someone, rather than money.  It means they put the effort into trying to find something they think you would enjoy.  It's easy and thoughtless just to give away money.  But giving a gift is a better way of saying you care.