jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the true meaning of Christmas? And, why?

1. nikki1 profile image57
    nikki1posted 8 years ago

What is the true meaning of Christmas? And, why?

2. pippap profile image86
    pippapposted 8 years ago

To me, the true meaning of Christmas is not the gift giving, the parties, the excesses - it is a time once a year to give thanks for the riches in our lives.

It is a time to recognize our higher power and give thanks for the riches he bestows on us everyday.  It is a time to give thanks and honour our family and friends who have enriched our lives for the past year.  It is also a time to turn our thoughts to those less fortunate and share some of our abundance with others.

3. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 8 years ago

To me the true meaning of Christmas is about spending quality time, giving quality gifts and great food!!!  Here you get the opportunity if not take the opportunity to express yourself to those that you Love.  Whether its through gift giving, quality time or  entertaining each other in ways you may not have been able to all year round, due to schedules, distance or something simple as awareness.  Even though all of this can be done on any random day throughout the year, only only Christmas does it become intimately special, for family as well as your better half.  I look forward to celebrating this christmas.  Unfortunately last christmas was disappointing and I plan to erase the experience by going all out this year.....   I believe everyone has their own meaning of Christmas

***Happy Holidays***

Vonda G. Nelson

4. Kevin Peter profile image70
    Kevin Peterposted 7 years ago

We are celebrating the Jesus birthday on this day. Remember him and his sacrifices for all of us

working